How to Reset Google Chrome Browser to Default
This tutorial will show you how to completely reset your Google Chrome browser back to default.
EXAMPLE: Default Google Chrome
NOTE: This is what you will see after a few moments of waiting when you open Google Chrome the first time after resetting it back to default.
To Reset Google Chrome to Default using a BAT File Download
1. If you have not already, you will need to close all Chrome browser windows/tabs first.
2. Click/tap on the download button below to download the file below, and go to step 3 below.
3. Save the .bat file to your desktop, and run it.
4. If prompted, click/tap on Run.
NOTE: If you like, you can stop getting the Run prompt by unblocking the downloaded .bat file.
5. You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close as Chrome is reset.
6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.
7. The next time you run Google Chrome, it will be reset back to default.
To Manually Reset Google Chrome to Default
1. If you have not already, you will need to close all Chrome browser windows/tabs first.That's it,
2. Set hidden files to show using step 2 in OPTION ONE of the tutorial below.
Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide3. Open File Explorer (Windows 8) or Windows Explorer (XP, Vista, Windows 7).
4. Navigate to the hidden folder below, and delete the User Data folder. (see screenshot below)
C:\Users\(user-name)\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data5. Close File Explorer or Windows Explorer.
6. Set hidden files to no longer show using step 3 in OPTION ONE of the tutorial below.
Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide7. The next time you run Google Chrome, it will be reset back to default.