How to Fix 0x8007000D Error when Editing MP3 Metadata
Here's the error you will commonly see:
As you can see, Windows isn't allowing you to edit the ID3 tag of the file. This is due to the ID3 tags of the files being v2.4, which is unsupported by both Windows Explorer and Windows Media Player. They support v2.3 and below, so all we need to do to fix this is to convert the ID3 tags to v2.3, here's how:
- Download and install ID3-TagIT:
- Using the navigation pane on the left, find the folder containing the files you want to fix.
- Select all of the files that need fixing and click Extended Functions > Transfer/Convert TAGs or press F7.
- Select Convert TAG Ver. 2.4 to Ver. 2.3 and click OK.
- Accept any warning given about incompatability.
- Press Ctrl+S to save the changes.
- Enjoy your new, fixed, files!