Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool


24 Oct 2009   #29
Darryl Licht

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 
Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

How to Get and Use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool



Introduction
...

My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2010   #30
Darryl Licht

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by detailer View Post
Yeah I know it's a risk-but what the hell-I've already got my paid copies installed (M$ got my $$ already) and wanted to experiment.Got two older rigs sitting around.The seller is on Ebay (thedigitalretailer)-the offer is still up with 99.5% positive feedback-has been for quite some time-would think Ebay would have booted it by now if not legit-who knows -lack of support is understood and was not expected-Happy New Year guys
I am curious... if they sell the key, where do u get the DVD? Using one you already own, or???

You can enter the key either during installation when prompted, or later after the install. If you dont enter the key during install, I believe you have 30 days to do so or Windows 7 times out!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2010   #31
BSkiLLs

Win-7HP, VistaHP, XP
 
 

uhhh... So can this be done with a Windows 7 upgrade ??

Upgrade from Vista home prem to Windows 7 home prem. Used a factory upgrade disc originally

That way i do not have to go back to vista every time first when reformatting then go through the whole upgrade process again etc etc??

I have been using just a disc mirror image lately. I did the whole upgrade and such, then made a disc image with active disc image from that point of a fresh Windows 7 upgrade install that way if needed can just fall back to that exact point so dont have to go through the whole darn process when needed.

That is the only way could figure out to do it like that for it to work that way and right. (well besides maybe this in this tutorial now also?)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Feb 2010   #32
Darryl Licht

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BSkiLLs View Post
uhhh... So can this be done with a Windows 7 upgrade ??

Upgrade from Vista home prem to Windows 7 home prem. Used a factory upgrade disc originally

That way i do not have to go back to vista every time first when reformatting then go through the whole upgrade process again etc etc??

I have been using just a disc mirror image lately. I did the whole upgrade and such, then made a disc image with active disc image from that point of a fresh Windows 7 upgrade install that way if needed can just fall back to that exact point so dont have to go through the whole darn process when needed.

That is the only way could figure out to do it like that for it to work that way and right. (well besides maybe this in this tutorial now also?)
Yes you can! I have performed many "clean" installs using an upgrade disc. Just follow Brinks tutorial here: Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2010   #33
rosokan

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

I'm getting the 'not a valid ISO file' message for my ISO file I downloaded from Microsoft (via my university) through the MSDNAA program. Does anyone know of any restrictions in place on the program concerning types of ISO files or does it seem likely that my file is corrupt somehow?

Edit: Hi everyone, btw. Hadn't realised I'd never posted here before
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Mar 2010   #34
Jonathan_King

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rosokan View Post
I'm getting the 'not a valid ISO file' message for my ISO file I downloaded from Microsoft (via my university) through the MSDNAA program. Does anyone know of any restrictions in place on the program concerning types of ISO files or does it seem likely that my file is corrupt somehow?

Edit: Hi everyone, btw. Hadn't realised I'd never posted here before
Welcome!

I have had the same error with ISOs I know to be legit. I would recommend using a third-party tool such as ImgBurn instead to burn the ISO.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2010   #35
Darryl Licht

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rosokan View Post
I'm getting the 'not a valid ISO file' message for my ISO file I downloaded from Microsoft (via my university) through the MSDNAA program. Does anyone know of any restrictions in place on the program concerning types of ISO files or does it seem likely that my file is corrupt somehow?

Edit: Hi everyone, btw. Hadn't realised I'd never posted here before
Welcome!

I have had the same error with ISOs I know to be legit. I would recommend using a third-party tool such as ImgBurn instead to burn the ISO.
Another great free ISO burning utility is Iso Recorder
ISO Recorder v 2
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2010   #36
rosokan

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Thanks, I already make use of the wonderful ImgBurn. The interest for me was to have a USB copy, as much for novelty as any other reason, rather than me being unable to burn a dvd.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2010   #37
Jonathan_King

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Actually, making a USB installation key is very easy. In fact, all you need to do is drag the installation files to it!

Be sure to read this tutorial; I use method 2. USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2010   #38
Darryl Licht

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Actually, making a USB installation key is very easy. In fact, all you need to do is drag the installation files to it!

Be sure to read this tutorial; I use method 2. USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create
Jonathan: Is there something wrong with this (my) tutorial???

rosokan: At what point in this process do you get the "not valid" message?

I also think Jonathan and I were on the same page... I realize that you want a bootable USB, but have you been able to test your iso by burning a good DVD from it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2010   #39
Jonathan_King

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Actually, making a USB installation key is very easy. In fact, all you need to do is drag the installation files to it!

Be sure to read this tutorial; I use method 2. USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create
Jonathan: Is there something wrong with this (my) tutorial???

rosokan: At what point in this process do you get the "not valid" message?

I also think Jonathan and I were on the same page... I realize that you want a bootable USB, but have you been able to test your iso by burning a good DVD from it?
It's a good tutorial, but since the tool is not working for him, he may consider an alternative method of creating a bootable USB drive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Comment

 Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool




Tutorial Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool
Windows 7 Tutorial Category
Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool problem Installation & Setup
I need to download Windows 7 USB-DVD Download Tool. why is it harmful Installation & Setup
Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool Installation & Setup
Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool Help - Cant find .ISO Installation & Setup
Windows 7 usb/dvd download tool Installation & Setup
Windows 7 Download tool cannot see my drive Installation & Setup
Cant Install Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33