I completed the final step and all the folders are in the drive as shown but got this error message: "Files copied successfully. However, we were unable to run bootsect to make the USB device bootable. If you need assistance with the bootsect, please click the "Online Help" link." Started on a formatted empty thumbdrive.
I did this and found the below. The problem is I don't have an MS store account and no purchase history. What do I do now? WHEN CREATING A BOOTABLE USB DEVICE,I AM GETTING AN ERROR ABOUT BOOTSECT
To make the USB device bootable, you need to run a tool named bootsect.exe. In some cases, this tool needs to be downloaded from your Microsoft Store account. This may happen if you're trying to create a 64-bit bootable USB device from a 32-bit version of Windows. To download bootsect:
- Login to your Microsoft Store account to view your purchase history
- Look for your Windows 7 purchase.
- Next to Windows 7, there is an "Additional download options" drop-down menu.
- In the drop-down menu, select "32-bit ISO."
- Right-click the link, and then save the bootsect.exe file to the location where you installed the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool (e.g. C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Apps\Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool).
- Once the file has been saved, go back to the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool to create your bootable USB device.