Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Repair Install


02 Feb 2009   #999
Brink
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 
Repair Install

How to Do a Repair Install to Fix Windows 7



...

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Jul 2012   #1000
JBelcher

Win 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Shawn, Thanks for the welcome and the response. After posting I re-read the tutorial and realized that was the case. Will try your suggestion tomorrow. Thanks, Joe

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Jul 2012   #1001
Brink
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

You're most welcome Joe. Please let us know how it went.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2012   #1002
mangoh

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Brink I think I know why it's not working for my laptop.

When checking for window updates (it says checking for updates forever in a continous loop)

Any ideas why the "check for updates" continues checking and not finding any updates?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2012   #1003
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mangoh View Post
Brink I think I know why it's not working for my laptop.

When checking for window updates (it says checking for updates forever in a continous loop)

Any ideas why the "check for updates" continues checking and not finding any updates?
Are you connected to the internet?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2012   #1004
mangoh

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mangoh View Post
Brink I think I know why it's not working for my laptop.

When checking for window updates (it says checking for updates forever in a continous loop)

Any ideas why the "check for updates" continues checking and not finding any updates?
Are you connected to the internet?
Yep

I've noticed muweb.dll is missing

I have windows 7 64 bit professional
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2012   #1005
Brink
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Mangoh,

Give it a try without checking for updates to see if it may able to still do the repair install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2012   #1006
mangoh

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Mangoh,

Give it a try without checking for updates to see if it may able to still do the repair install.
Already have.

Same issue, it randomly restarts when reinstalling windows.

When restarting I get two options at the boot menu

1) Windows setup (new)
2) Windows 7 (default OS)

When I boot into the windows setup option I get "windows installation could not start"

When I boot into windows 7 (I get a message telling me installation failed)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2012   #1007
Brink
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Mangoh,

I hate to say it, but you might consider doing a clean install of Windows 7 instead.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2012   #1008
mangoh

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Mangoh,

I hate to say it, but you might consider doing a clean install of Windows 7 instead.
One final thing and then I guess I'm going to have to give up

just ain't got an external hard drive big enough to backup everything (not got the money).

How about if I uninstall SP1 from my laptop and use my disk that doesn't include SP1 but is compatible as it is a 64 windows professional (same as my laptop if I uninstall SP1)?

If you think this stands a chance of working, any ideas for a work around as when uninstalling SP1 it gets to the end and does NOTHING
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2012   #1009
Brink
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

To be honest, I think a repair install may not be able to help with the issues you are having.

Are you able to create or use another partition on the same HDD to backup your data that wouldn't be touched by the installation process?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Comment

 Repair Install




Tutorial Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33