Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Enabling Custom Themes - Windows 7


01 Nov 2009   #49
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 
Enabling Custom Themes - Windows 7

How to Enable Custom Themes without Modifying System Files


...

My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Feb 2012   #50
svnpenn

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

UxStyle is down.

http://uxstyle.com/builds/UxStyle_Core_jul13_bits.zip

Quote:
Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@uxstyle.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Feb 2012   #51
Infinite

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 - 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by svnpenn View Post
UxStyle is down.

http://uxstyle.com/builds/UxStyle_Core_jul13_bits.zip

Quote:
Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@uxstyle.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Use Universal Theme Patcher
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Feb 2012   #52
svnpenn

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Feb 2012   #53
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Infinite View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by svnpenn View Post
UxStyle is down.

http://uxstyle.com/builds/UxStyle_Core_jul13_bits.zip

Quote:
Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@uxstyle.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Use Universal Theme Patcher
Either one works, it's personal preference.

Here's our tutorial for that as well,

Theme - How to Apply Custom Themes

I prefer Uxstyle myself since there are no files to patch, you just install a service.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


12 Feb 2012   #54
Infinite

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 - 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo
Here's our tutorial for that as well,

Theme - How to Apply Custom Themes
These two tutorials should be merged.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2012   #55
MourningStar

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

the d/l link in step 2 gives me an error. ideas?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Feb 2012   #56
Brink
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

The download link for UxStyle is working again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Apr 2012   #57
sanddobby

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 
Help?

The UxStyle process won't show up on my task manager, and my new theme won't work. At first I installed it without turning off the UAC, which was the problem, but then I followed all the steps to fix it and it still won't work. I uninstalled, rebooted, turned off UAC, rebooted, installed, and rebooted, but it still doesn't show up. Anything I'm doing wrong?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Apr 2012   #58
stevieray

windows 7 x64 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sanddobby View Post
The UxStyle process won't show up on my task manager, and my new theme won't work. At first I installed it without turning off the UAC, which was the problem, but then I followed all the steps to fix it and it still won't work. I uninstalled, rebooted, turned off UAC, rebooted, installed, and rebooted, but it still doesn't show up. Anything I'm doing wrong?
Take a look in Control Panel. Is UxStyle Core Beta listed there?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Apr 2012   #59
sanddobby

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sanddobby View Post
The UxStyle process won't show up on my task manager, and my new theme won't work. At first I installed it without turning off the UAC, which was the problem, but then I followed all the steps to fix it and it still won't work. I uninstalled, rebooted, turned off UAC, rebooted, installed, and rebooted, but it still doesn't show up. Anything I'm doing wrong?
Take a look in Control Panel. Is UxStyle Core Beta listed there?
Under the uninstall/change program list? It is, yes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Comment

 Enabling Custom Themes - Windows 7




Tutorial Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Enabling Custom Themes - Windows 7
Windows 7 Tutorial Category
Windows 7 Custom Themes Not Working Properly Themes and Styles
How to create custom windows 7 themes? Customization
Windows 7 custom themes Themes and Styles
Enabling Custom Themes Customization
How Do I use custom themes in Windows 7? Themes and Styles
Windows 7-Bug with setting custom sounds and themes Themes and Styles
Allow Custom 3rd party Themes in Windows Themes and Styles

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33