How to Open and Use the "Scanner and Camera Installation Wizard" in Windows 7 and Windows 8
This will show you how to open and use the Scanner and Camera Installation Wizard in Windows 7 and Windows 8 to help you install a digital camera, scanner, or other image device that Windows did not automatically detect.
The Scanner and Camera Installation Wizard is primarily designed to install drivers for older scanners and cameras—and some networked scanners—that aren't automatically recognized by Windows.
Before using the wizard, connect your scanner or camera and turn it on. If Windows recognizes the device and installs the appropriate driver, you're all set. There's no need to run the wizard.
EXAMPLE: Scanner and Camera Installation Wizard
1. Do step 2 or 3 below for how you would like to open the wizard.That's it,
2. Use the Scanners and Cameras shortcut, and go to step 4 below.
3. Open the Control Panel in Windows 7 or Windows 8, type scanners and cameras in the search box at the top right corner, click/tap on the View scanners and cameras link, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshots below)
4. Click/tap on the Add Device button. (See screenshot below)
NOTE: If your device is listed, then you do not need to do anything else.
5. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.
6. Click/tap on Next. (See screenshot below)
7. The wizard will prompt you to select your scanner or camera from a list. If your scanner or camera isn't listed, you'll need to obtain drivers for it, either from the manufacturer's website or the installation disc that came with the device. Click/tap on the Have Disk button when asked to choose your scanner or camera to install the drivers for it. (See screenshot below)
8. Follow the rest of the onscreen instructions to add the image device.