How to Review Reliability and Problems History Details in Windows 7 and Windows 8
Problem reports help Windows to identify problems and to notify you about solutions. If a solution is not available, the details in a problem report can help Microsoft create a solution.
This tutorial will show you how to view problem report details for any problem that your Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC has reported to Microsoft.
1. Do either step 2 or 3 below for how you would like to open the Action Center.
2. Click on the Action Center icon in the notification area of the taskbar, click on Open Action Center, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)
3. Open the Control Panel (icons view) in Windows 7 or Windows 8, click/tap on the Action Center icon, and go to step 4 below.
4. Click on the Maintenance drop down arrow to expand it, then click on the View reliability history link under the Check for solutions to problem reports section. (see screenshot below)
5. At the bottom of the Reliability Monitor, click on the View all problem reports link. (see screenshot below)
6. Right click on a listed problem report that you would like to see the details of, and click on View technical details. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: If a solution is available for this problem report, then you can click on View solution to see it.
7. When done, click on OK to return to Reliability Monitor or close the Problem History window. (see screenshot above)