How to Create a "Printers" Folder Shortcut in Windows 7 and Vista
This will show you how to create or download a Printers shortcut that opens the Printers folder.
EXAMPLE: Printers folder
To Download the "Printers" Folder Shortcut
1. Click on the download button below to download the Printers.zip file.
2. Click on Save, and save the .zip file to the desktop.
3. Open the .zip file and extract the Printers shortcut to the desktop.
4. Right click on the Printers shortcut, and click on Properties, General tab, and on the Unblock button. (See screenshot below)
NOTE: If you do not have a Unblock button under the General tab, then the shortcut is already unblocked and you can continue on to step 5.
5. You can now Pin to Taskbar (Windows 7 only) or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move it where you like for easy use.
6. When done, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like, or save it to use again.
To Manually Create the "Printers" Folder Shortcut
1. Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut.
2. Type the location below into the location area, and click on the Next button. (See screenshot below)
rundll32.exe shell32.dll,SHHelpShortcuts_RunDLL PrintersFolder
3. Type Printers for the name, and click on the Finish button. (See screenshot below)That's it,
NOTE: You can name this anything you would like though.
4. Right click on the new Printers shortcut on the Desktop and click on Properties.
5. Click on the Shortcut tab, then click on the Change Icon button. (See screenshot below)
6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", type in the location below and press Enter. (See screenshot below)
7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above and click on OK. (See screenshot above)
NOTE: You can use any icon that you would like instead though.
8. Click on OK. (See screenshot below)
9. You can now Pin to Taskbar (Windows 7 only) or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move it where you like for easy use.