How to Create a Windows 7 "Troubleshooting" Shortcut
This will show you how to create or download a Windows 7 Troubleshooting shortcut. You can also Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, or move where you like for easy use.
Troubleshooting in Windows 7 helps you troubleshoot problems with Programs, Devices, Network, Printing, Display, Sound, Performance, and Windows. Each category will open up a separate troubleshooting wizard that will automatically diagnose and report any problems it finds, then will list any available options to help resolve the problem. Sometimes it can automatically fix the problem for you as well.
To Download the "Troubleshooting" Shortcut
1. Click on the Download button below to download the Troubleshooting.zip file.
2. Click on Save, and save the .zip file to the desktop.
3. Open the .zip file and extract the Troubleshooting shortcut to the desktop.
4. Right click on the Troubleshooting shortcut, and click on Properties, General tab, and on the Unblock button. (See screenshot below) NOTE:If you do not have a Unblock button under the General tab, then the shortcut is already unblocked and you can continue on to step 5.
5. Move the shortcut to where you like for easy use.
6. When done, you can delete the downloaded .zip file on the desktop if you like, or save it to use again.
To Manually Create the "Troubleshooting" Shortcut
1. Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut. (See screenshot below)
2. Type the location below into the location area, and click on the Next button. (See screenshot below)
Computer type PC/Desktop System Manufacturer/Model Number Compaq sr5410f case OS Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1 CPU AMD X2 4450E @ 2.3 ghz Motherboard Biostar MCP6P M2+ Memory 4.0 g Graphics Card Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT , 512mb Sound Card onboard Monitor(s) Displays auria eq2367 Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080
Keyboard logitech wave cordless Mouse logitech LX8 cordless laser mouse PSU 250 watts Case Compaq Cooling couple fans Hard Drives 1 tb Hitachi HDT721010SLA scsi, 500 gb external Internet Speed comcast hi speed 19 dn 8 up Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Browser IE10 Other Info Laptop specs: HP g7-1365dx /
CPU: AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics /
RAM: Crucial 8Gb (2x4Gb) /
SSD: Crucial M4-CT128M4SSD2 ATA Device/ FW 000F /
GFX: AMD Radeon HD 6520G /
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1