How to Enable or Disable the Taskbar Context Menus in Windows 7
This will allow you to enable or disable the Start button, clock, and taskbar context menus for all users on the computer in Windows 7. These context menus are enabled by default in Windows 7.
EXAMPLE: Start button, Clock, and Taskbar Context Menus
Using a REG File Download
1. To Enable Taskbar Context Menus
A) Click on the Download button below to download the file below.2. To Disable Taskbar Context Menus
B) Go to step 3.
A) Click on the Download button below to download the file below 3. Save the .zip file to the desktop.
4. Open the .zip file and extract the .reg file to the desktop.
5. Right click on the extracted .reg file, and click on Merge.
6. Click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK when prompted.
7. When done, you can delete the downloaded .reg and .zip files if you like.
Through the Local Group Policy Editor
1. Open the all users, specific users or groups, or all users except administrators Local Group Policy Editor for how you want this policy applied.That's it,
2. In the left pane, click on to expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, and Start Menu and Taskbar. (See screenshot below)
3. In the right pane, right click on Remove access to the context menus for the taskbar and click on Edit. (See screenshot above)
4. To Enable Taskbar Context Menus
A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Disabled. (See screenshot below step 6)5. To Disable Taskbar Context Menus
B) Go to step 6.
A) Select (dot) Enabled. (See screenshot below step 6)6. Click on OK. (See screenshot below)
7. Close the Local Group Policy Editor window.