How to Enable or Disable "Windows Features" in Windows 7
EXAMPLE: Windows Features Disabled Message
Using a REG File Download
1. To Enable Windows Features
A) Click on the Download button below to download the file below.2. To Disable Windows Features
B) Go to step 3.
A) Click on the Download button below to download the file below. 3. Click on Save, and save the .zip file to the desktop.
4. Open the .zip file and extract the .reg file to the desktop.
5. Right click on the .reg file and click on Merge.
6. Click on Run, Yes, Yes, and OK when prompted.
7. When done, you can delete the downloaded .reg and .zip files if you like.
Through the Local Group Policy Editor
1. Open the all users, specific users or groups, or all users except administrators Local Group Policy Editor for how you want this policy applied.That's it,
2. In the left pane, click on to expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Control Panel, and Programs. (See screenshot below)
3. In the right pane, right click on Hide "Windows Features" and click on Edit. (See screenshot above)
4. To Enable Windows Features
A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Disabled. (See screenshot below step 6)5. To Disable Windows Features
B) Go to step 6.
A) Select (dot) Enabled. (See screenshot below step 6)6. Click on OK. (See screenshot below)
7. Close the Local Group Policy Editor window.