Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Mail


17 Mar 2009   #1349
Slartybart

x64 (6.3.9600) Win8.1 Pro & soon dual boot x64 (6.1.7601) Win7_SP1 HomePrem
 
 
Windows Mail

How to Reinstate Windows Mail in Windows 7




My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 May 2013   #1350
endeavor

WXP/Vista/Win7/Win8
 
 

Hi Ron,

Yes you needed to get Windows Update working no matter what so first things first as you said. I guess you must not of had a partition image backup of a time when WU was working.. so that you didn't have to restore all the way back to the beginning.

Anyway reading the rest of your post, Windows Defender is disabled on my rigs too; but I don't use MSE but rather NOD32 AV

Hopefully you can create backup partitions as you move forward in your new build this time around, this way if/when the time comes to restore, you won't have to go all the way back to the beginning.


Glad to hear your health is okay; hopefully your psa numbers are good.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2013   #1351
RKelly5327

 
 

Hi folks, You are so kind and thank you for the good wishes. My psa numbers are great. I had trouble with stones in the prostate, 2nd time with that. Surgery first time, just poking with the scope and breaking them up, plus Foley this time. Not fun, but no cancer and no tumors. I am blessed!
I do have a partition image. You bet. I thought I had one before, but it didn't turn out that way.
I have not heard of NOD32 AV. What company is that?
Thanks folks. You all are the best.
Ron
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2013   #1352
endeavor

WXP/Vista/Win7/Win8
 
 

I mentioned Eset NOD32 (AV) Anti Virus only version, is just what I use for AV protection, and is a good one, but there are a few good ones out there so whatever your choice is a personal decision.

As far as partition imaging programs goes, well here too there are a few good ones out there.

Glad to here you are on the mend towards good health. All the Best to You!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2013   #1353
zone 5

Win 7
 
 

I have a question based on my typing wrong. I ran the 32bit batch file, and Win mail did not work. Well, of course not. I have a 64 bit system. (duh) I reran it with the 64 bit batch file, and winmail now runs fine. Do I need to go into my registry and delete something, or will having the incorrect 32 bit file there not hurt anything?

Thanks for a great program!!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Jul 2013   #1354
endeavor

WXP/Vista/Win7/Win8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zone 5 View Post
I have a question based on my typing wrong. I ran the 32bit batch file, and Win mail did not work. Well, of course not. I have a 64 bit system. (duh) I reran it with the 64 bit batch file, and winmail now runs fine. Do I need to go into my registry and delete something, or will having the incorrect 32 bit file there not hurt anything?

Thanks for a great program!!!!
No there's really nothing to do, both versions merge the exact same WinMailEdit.reg file, the only difference is that either .bat places the 32 or 64 bit version of the msoe.dll - and so by you running the win64mail.bat it overwrote the msoe.dll with the correct one - so you're good to go, enjoy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2013   #1355
zone 5

Win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by endeavor View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zone 5 View Post
I have a question based on my typing wrong. I ran the 32bit batch file, and Win mail did not work. Well, of course not. I have a 64 bit system. (duh) I reran it with the 64 bit batch file, and winmail now runs fine. Do I need to go into my registry and delete something, or will having the incorrect 32 bit file there not hurt anything?

Thanks for a great program!!!!
No there's really nothing to do, both versions merge the exact same WinMailEdit.reg file, the only difference is that either .bat places the 32 or 64 bit version of the msoe.dll - and so by you running the win64mail.bat it overwrote the msoe.dll with the correct one - so you're good to go, enjoy
Thank you VERY much. Appreciate it!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jul 2013   #1356
jan18

Windows 8 64 bit
 
 
Trying to follow this tutorial but keep getting stuck

I have been trying to follow the steps outlined here but I get stuck when it comes to this bit...

Execute the command below in the Administrator:Command Prompt window

The easiest and surest way is to copy the entire line and paste it.
cd %USERPROFILE%\Downloads\TutReWinMail\

I don't know what to put in the 'userprofile' bit...I have tried my pc name but that does not work.

Can someone help me with this please.

Thanks

Jan
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jul 2013   #1357
Brink
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Hello Jan, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You would use that command exactly as is instead.

%UserProfile% is a variable used so that it can be a universal command for the user profile folder location of whomever is using it.

Personally, you would be much better off using something like Windows Live Mail instead. Windows Mail is no longer supported by Microsoft.

Hope this helps,
Shawn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jul 2013   #1358
endeavor

WXP/Vista/Win7/Win8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jan18 View Post
I don't know what to put in the 'userprofile' bit...I have tried my pc name but that does not work.
As Brink said you don't add or put anything extra to that command, you use it exactly as is.
..and just like the instructions say to do, you copy/paste that line exactly as it is.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jul 2013   #1359
jan18

Windows 8 64 bit
 
 

Thank you once again Shawn...I don't think I tried that...silly me.

Jan
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Comment

 Windows Mail




Tutorial Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33