Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Mail

22 Nov 2009   #80
steelgtr

windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by myzr7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ex_Brit View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jonesnewton View Post
Can I get Windows Mail into Win 7 that was not upgraded? A clean install by Acer?
I assume this will not work for me?
Also the gadget bar is nice.

If you need a Windows Mail folder I uploaded a pristine one to Megaupload ages ago. Anyone is free to use it. I did post the link to it here earlier on I believe but here goes again.
This is seen earlier in this thread. A place to dl vista x64 mail folder that you will need if you upgrade to 64 win 7
Hi Guys,

Is the megaupload file a x64 version?

My elderley parents have gone from XP to 7 x64 and Mom misses OE. I think WM will do the trick but I'm confused on the 64 bit version, etc.

thx

bob


My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2009   #81
Ex_Brit

Win 7 Ult SP1/Win 8.1 Pro w/MC (all x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by steelgtr View Post

Is the megaupload file a x64 version?

My elderley parents have gone from XP to 7 x64 and Mom misses OE. I think WM will do the trick but I'm confused on the 64 bit version, etc.

thx

bob

If you are referring to the one I posted then yes it is the x64 version.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2009   #82
steelgtr

windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ex_Brit View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by steelgtr View Post

Is the megaupload file a x64 version?

My elderley parents have gone from XP to 7 x64 and Mom misses OE. I think WM will do the trick but I'm confused on the 64 bit version, etc.

thx

bob

If you are referring to the one I posted then yes it is the x64 version.
Thanks,

So to be clear,

I copy the contents of your Vista 64 folder into their 7 WM folder, take ownership of all the files and that's it?

thx

bob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2009   #83
bob35614

Win 7
 
 

I got Windows mail to work but whenever I click on a email link I get the message "could not perform this operation because the default mail program is not properly installed" Can someone advise how to fix this? Thanks so much!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Nov 2009   #84
Ex_Brit

Win 7 Ult SP1/Win 8.1 Pro w/MC (all x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by steelgtr View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ex_Brit View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by steelgtr View Post

Is the megaupload file a x64 version?

My elderley parents have gone from XP to 7 x64 and Mom misses OE. I think WM will do the trick but I'm confused on the 64 bit version, etc.

thx

bob

If you are referring to the one I posted then yes it is the x64 version.
Thanks,

So to be clear,

I copy the contents of your Vista 64 folder into their 7 WM folder, take ownership of all the files and that's it?

thx

bob
If you follow the tutorial in post # 1 to the letter, it should work. Taking ownership is, I believe, the 1st thing you should be doing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2009   #85
bjproc

Win 7 Pro 32bit
 
 

ahem, any chance of the x32 bit windows mail files, a PM wouldn't go a miss **cough**


thanks



sorted (brother's laptop )
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2009   #86
keeners

Win 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bjproc View Post
ahem, any chance of the x32 bit windows mail files, a PM wouldn't go a miss **cough**


thanks
Ummm... I would also be interested in a 32-bit version, if anyone has one. TIA
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2009   #87
RA5C

Windows 7
 
 
Mailto: links

I've gone through all the tutorials and registry merges I can find, but clicking a mailto: link still brings up a dialog telling me there is no default e-mail program.

Clicking the "Read mail" button on IE's toolbar brings up Windows Mail, but not e-mail links.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2009   #88
bjproc

Win 7 Pro 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RA5C View Post
I've gone through all the tutorials and registry merges I can find, but clicking a mailto: link still brings up a dialog telling me there is no default e-mail program.

Clicking the "Read mail" button on IE's toolbar brings up Windows Mail, but not e-mail links.
it must be something to do with not being installed properly, or not visable in default programs, as the email link/icon on the IE toolbar doesn't work.


is there a fix for this anybody?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2009   #89
myzr7

Windows 7 Ulti. x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bjproc View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RA5C View Post
I've gone through all the tutorials and registry merges I can find, but clicking a mailto: link still brings up a dialog telling me there is no default e-mail program.

Clicking the "Read mail" button on IE's toolbar brings up Windows Mail, but not e-mail links.
it must be something to do with not being installed properly, or not visable in default programs, as the email link/icon on the IE toolbar doesn't work.


is there a fix for this anybody?
A look back in this thread shows some tutorials to try. Good luck to you.
Setting Windows Mail as default may do the trick.
http://www.sevenforums.com/363563-post120.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Comment

 Windows Mail




Tutorial Tools





Similar help and support threads
Windows 7 Tutorial Category
Windows Live Mail not receiving calendar info from Outlook mail
Our Windows Live Mail accounts receive blank messages when someone sends a calendar appointment request from an Outlook account. The same message arrives correctly in a gmail account or in my Outlook account at work. Is this a Live Mail Configuration issue?
Browsers & Mail
Export mail and contacts from Outlook 2007 to Windows live mail 2012?
I have an Windows (Vista) notebook with outlook 2007, and now I have an new notebook with Windows 8.1. Where I want to export my mail & contact to Windows live mail, how can I import this in WLM on my other notebook? I already have configure my mail on WLM where I can receive and send messages....
Browsers & Mail
Windows Live Mail password request to recieve my ATT/Yahoo mail
In recent days I was asked by ATT.net Yahoo to change my password and did. Windows Live Mail will not allow a password (anything..?) change... and simply reverts to what was. I need to correct the password each time it opens and am able to receive receive mail, but.. WLM will not change...???
Browsers & Mail
How can I make Windows Mail message store work in Windows Live Mail
My sister-in-law’s Window Mail is now inoperative and now wants to use Windows Live Mail instead. I have installed a Windows Live Mail POP account for her on my computer which is working satisfactory but she wants her old Windows Mail messages. I managed to have save her Windows Mail message...
Browsers & Mail
windows 7 32bit live mail with time warner wi rr/ sending e-mail
I can receive mail and send mail but the target does not receive it, I get no error message but my sent box says it was sent, this has been going on now for about at least three weeks, I have sent mail out of roadrunner direct with no problem, I have been using this program for about three years...
Browsers & Mail
Can no longer send e-mail with Windows Live Mail, error 0x800ccc78
Hi, I have been using WLM for some years. Yesterday, it stopped sending emails and now just leaves them in the Outbox. Here is most of what appears in the error box: The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's email address. The sender's email address was...
Browsers & Mail

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App