How to Create a "Administrative Tools" Shortcut in Windows 7
This will show you how to create or download a Windows 7 Administrative Tools shortcut.
If you would like to pin a folder to the taskbar
to have Administrative Tools expand on the taskbar instead, then you can pin this folder below to the taskbar: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools
EXAMPLE: Administrative Tools
NOTE: What shortcuts you have available in Administrative Tools will vary depending on what Windows 7 edition you have installed.
To Download the "Administrative Tools" Shortcut
1. Click on the download button below to download the file below.
2. Click on Save, and save the .zip file to the desktop.
3. Open the .zip file and extract the Administrative Tools shortcut to the desktop.
4. Right click on the Administrative Tools shortcut, and click on Properties, General tab, and on the Unblock button. (See screenshot below)
NOTE: If you do not have a Unblock button under the General tab, then the shortcut is already unblocked and you can continue on to step 5.
5. You can now Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move it where you like for easy use.
6. When done, you can delete the downloaded .zip file on the desktop if you like, or save it to use again.
To Manually Create the "Administrative Tools" Shortcut
1. Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut.
2. Copy and past either location below into the location area, and click on the Next button. (see screenshot below)
%windir%\system32\control.exe /name Microsoft.ActionCenter
3. Type Administrative Tools for the name, and click on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)That's it,
NOTE: You can name this anything you would like though.
4. Right click on the new Administrative Tools shortcut on the Desktop and click on Properties.
5. Click on the Shortcut tab, then click on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)
6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above and click on OK. (See screenshot above)
NOTE: You can use any icon that you would like instead though.
8. Click on OK. (See screenshot below)
9. You can now Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move it where you like for easy use.