I appeared to have a little glitch. Could have been caused by all my fussing around trying to get the Media Center to properly get folders added (still working on that). Suddenly, my libraries had nothing in them and no access to them.
I navigated to the folder where the libraries are held:
For each library listed: Permissions - Allow or Deny Users and Groups
1) right click on it and select properties
2) go to security tab and see if your user name is listed in the top window (mine was NOT)
3) Click the Edit button
4) Click the Add button
5) In the object names box, enter your user name and then click Check Names, click OK once found and validated
6) Click on your name in the top list of Group or user names
7) Select in the Permissions window the "Full Control" option, then Apply
Repeat for each folder.
This worked for me where nothing else above did.