How to Enable or Disable the Built-in CD and DVD Burning Features in Windows 7
This will allow you to enable or disable Windows 7 Explorer built-in CD and DVD burning features for all users. This feature is enabled by default in Windows 7. If you have installed a third party CD and DVD burning program, then this may be handy disabled.
- Disabling this feature does not prevent users from using third party applications to create, burn to, or modify CDs and DVDs.
- Enabling or Disabling this feature will have no effect on the built-in Windows Disc Image Burning Tool feature.
EXAMPLE: Built-in CD and DVD Burning Features Enabled and Disabled
NOTE: Left screenshots below are enabled, and right screenshots are disabled.
Using a REG File Download
1. To Enable CD and DVD Burning Features
A) Click on the Download button below to download the file below.2. To Disable CD and DVD Burning Features
B) Go to step 3.
A) Click on the Download button below to download the file below.3. Save the .reg file to the desktop.
4. Right click on the downloaded .reg file and click on Merge.
5. Click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK when prompted.
6. When done, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.
7. Log off and log on, or restart the computer to apply.
Through the Local Group Policy Editor
1. Open the all users, specific users or groups, or all users except administrators Local Group Policy Editor for how you want this policy applied.That's it,
2. In the left pane, click on to expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, and Windows Explorer. (See screenshot below)
3. In the right pane, right click on Remove CD Burning features and click on Edit. (See screenshot above)
4. To Enable CD and DVD Burning Features
A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Disabled. (See screenshot below step 6)5. To Disable CD and DVD Burning Features
B) Go to step 6.
A) Select (dot) Enabled. (See screenshot below step 6)6. Click on OK. (See screenshot below)
7. Close the Local Group Policy Editor window.