How to Reset or Change the Internet Explorer Content Advisor Password
This will show you how to reset or change the Windows 7 Internet Explorer Content Advisor supervisor password.
You will need to do this while logged in to an administrator account.
To Reset Content Advisor Password
NOTE: This option is for when you do not know your current Internet Explorer Content Advisor supervisor password and need to reset it and enter a new password. If you know your supervisor password, then see OPTION TWO below instead.
1. Click on the Download button below to download the Reset_Content_Advisor_Password.zip file below.
A) Click on Save, and save the .zip file to the desktop.
B) Open the .zip file and extract the .reg file to the desktop.
C) Right click the .reg file (On Desktop) and click on Merge.
D) Click on Run, Yes, Yes, and OK when prompted.
E) When done, you can delete the downloaded .reg and .zip files on the desktop if you like.
F) Go to step 3.
2. Open the Start Menu.
A) In the search line, type regedit and press Enter. (See screenshot below)
6. Click on the General tab and the Create Password button. (See screenshot below)
7. Type in your new supervisor password twice to confirm it, then type in a hint and click on OK. (See screenshot below) WARNING: Be sure to write this password down somewhere safe in case you need to look it up.
8. Click on OK. (See screenshot below)
9. Click on OK. (See screenshot below step 6)
10. Click on OK. (See screenshot below step 4)
To Change Content Advisor Password
NOTE: This option is when you know your current Internet Explorer Content Advisor supervisor password and would just like to change it.