How to Turn the Details Pane On or Off in Windows 7
You can use the details pane in Windows Explorer to see the most common properties associated with the selected file. File properties are information about a file, such as the author, the date you last changed the file, and any descriptive tags you might have added to the file. The details pane is turned on by default in Windows 7.
The details pane only shows the size of 15 selected items by default and viewing the total size of more than 15 selected items requires clicking on the Show more details link each time the selection changes.
This will show you how to turn the Details pane on or off in all Windows Explorer windows in Windows 7.
EXAMPLE: Windows Explorer Layout NOTE: The details pane is the bottom pane in Windows Explorer
When the Details pane is turned on, you can drag it's top border line up and down to increase or decrease the size of the Details pane.
To Turn "Details Pane" On or Off in Windows Explorer
1. Open Windows Explorer (explorer.exe).
2. On the toolbar, click on Organize and Layout. (see screenshots below)
3. To Turn On the Details Pane in Windows Explorer
A) Select (click) Details pane to have it checked. (see screenshots above)4. To Turn Off the Details Pane in Windows Explorer
A) Select (click) Details pane to have it unchecked with the icon now showing. (see screenshots above)5. All Windows Explorer windows will now open as you set this.
To Turn "Details Pane" On or Off using a REG File Download
1. To Turn On the Details Pane in Windows Explorer
A) Click on the Download button below to download the file below.2. To Turn Off the Details Pane in Windows Explorer
Turn_Details_Pane_On.regB) Go to step 3.
A) Click on the Download button below to download the file below.3. Save the .reg file to the desktop.
4. Right click on the downloaded .reg file, and click on Merge.
5. Click on Run, Yes, Yes, and OK when prompted.
6. Close and reopen any open Windows Explorer window to apply.
7. When done, you can delete the downloaded .reg file on the desktop if you like.