How to Add or Remove "Log Off" from the CTRL+ALT+DEL Screen
This will show you how to add or remove the Log off option in the Windows 7 CTRL+ALT+DELETE screen for all users on the computer.
EXAMPLE: CTRL+ALT+DEL screen
NOTE: This is when you press CTRL+ALT+DEL with Log off added by default (left screenshot below), and removed (right screenshot below).
Using a REG File Download
1. To Add Log Off to CTRL+ALT+DEL Screen
A) Click on the Download button below to download the file below.2. To Remove Log Off from CTRL+ALT+DEL Screen
B) Go to step 3.
A) Click on the Download button below to download the file below.3. Click on Save, and save the .reg file to the desktop.
4. Right click on the downloaded .reg file and click on Merge.
5. Click on Run, Yes, Yes, and OK when prompted.
6. When done, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.
Through Local Group Policy Editor
1. Open the all users, specific users or groups, or all users except administrators Local Group Policy Editor for how you want this policy applied.That's it,
2. In the left pane, click on to expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, and Ctrl+Alt+Del. (See screenshot below)
3. In the right pane, right click on Remove Logoff and click on Edit. (See screenshot above)
4. To Add Log Off to CTRL+ALT+DEL Screen
A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Disabled. (See screenshot below step 6)5. To Remove Log Off from CTRL+ALT+DEL Screen
B) Go to step 6.
A) Select (dot) Enabled. (See screenshot below step 6)6. Click on OK. (See screenshot below)
7. Close the Local Group Policy Editor window.