Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.
How to Create an "Install Program from Network" Shortcut in Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
If your computer is on a network (such as an internal corporate network) that offers programs that you can add, you can install programs from the Control Panel. You can open this directly with this shortcut.
This tutorial will show you how to create or download an Install Program from Network shortcut that opens to Get Programs in Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
EXAMPLE: Install a Program from the Network
To Download a "Get Programs" Shortcut
1. Click/tap on the download button below to download the file below.
2.Save the .zip file to your desktop.
3. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the Install Program from Network shortcut to your desktop.
4.Unblock the Install Program from Network shortcut.
5. Go to step 5 in OPTION TWO below to add the icon you would like to use.
3. Type Install Program from Network for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (See screenshot below) NOTE:You can name this anything you would like though.
4. Right click or press and hold on the new Install Program from Network shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.
5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (See screenshot below)
6. To Download a Custom Icon to Use
A) You can click on the Download button below to download and use this custom Network_Install.ico file in a ZIP file below as this shortcut's icon if you like, and go to step 8 below.
7. To Use Your Own Custom Icon
A) In the line under "Look for icons in this file", click on Browse and navigate to the location of the 256x256 pixel icon your want to use, or copy and paste the location below, and go to step 8 below. (See screenshots below)
8. Select the icon, and click/tap on OK. (See screenshots above)