How to Create a Install Program from Network Shortcut in Windows 7
This will show you how to create or download a Install Program from Network
shortcut that opens to the Get Programs
You can also Pin to Taskbar
or Pin to Start Menu
this shortcut, or move where you like for easy use.
If your computer is on a network (such as an internal corporate network) that offers programs that you can add, you can install programs from the Control Panel. You can open this directly with this shortcut.
EXAMPLE: Install a Program from the Network
To Download the "Get Programs" Shortcut
1. Click on the download button below to download the file below.
2. Click on Save, and save the .zip file to the desktop.
3. Open the .zip file and extract the Install Program from Network shortcut to the desktop.
4. Right click on the Install Program from Network shortcut, and click on Properties, General tab, and on the Unblock button. (See screenshot below)
NOTE: If you do not have a Unblock button under the General tab, then the shortcut is already unblocked and you can continue on to step 5.
5. Go to step 5 in OPTION TWO below to add the icon you would like to use.
6. Move the shortcut to where you like for easy use.
7. When done, you can delete the downloaded .zip file on the desktop if you like, or save it to use again.
To Manually Create the "Get Programs" Shortcut
1. Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut. (See screenshot below)
2. Copy and past either location below into the location area, and click on the Next button. (See screenshot below)
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL appwiz.cpl,,1
3. Type Install Program from Network for the name, and click on the Finish button. (See screenshot below)That's it,
NOTE: You can name this anything you would like though.
4. Right click on the new Install Program from Network shortcut on the Desktop and click on Properties.
5. Click on the Shortcut tab, then click on the Change Icon button. (See screenshot below)
6. To Download a Custom Icon to Use
A) You can click on the Download button below to download and use this custom Network_Install.ico file in a ZIP file below as this shortcut's icon if you like.7. To Use Your Own Custom Icon
B) Go to step 8.
A) In the line under "Look for icons in this file", click on Browse and navigate to the location of the 256x256 pixel icon your want to use, or copy and paste the location below. (See screenshots below)8. Select the icon and click on OK. (See screenshots above)
9. Click on OK. (See screenshot below)
10. Move the shortcut to where you like for easy use.