Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.
How to Open and Use Mobility Center in Windows 7 and Windows 8
This will show you how to open Windows Mobility Center to display the most commonly used laptop settings, such as display brightness, volume, battery status, wireless network status, external display, Sync Center, and Presentation settings in one location for quicker access in Windows 7 and Windows 8.
By default, the Windows Mobility Center feature is only available on laptops, notebooks, and tablet PCs. It is not available on desktop computers unless enabled.
Windows Mobility Center is not available in the Windows 7 Starter edition.
In Windows 7, Presentation Settings in Windows Mobility Center is only available in the Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, and Windows 7 Enterprise editions.
In Windows 8, Presentation Settings in Windows Mobility Center is only available in the Windows RT, Windows 8 Pro, and Windows 8 Enterprise editions.
EXAMPLE: Windows Mobility Center NOTE:Each available setting is displayed as a tile in Mobility Center. Different tiles are displayed depending on your system hardware and drivers. Some tiles are added by your laptop manufacturer. Not all settings are available on all laptops.
1. Do step 2, 3, or 4 below depending on what you would like to do.
2. In Windows 7, press the Windows + X keys, and go to step 5 below. NOTE:In Windows 8, this will open the Power User Tasks menu instead.
3. Open the Control Panel (icons view) in Windows 7 or Windows 8, click/tap on the Windows Mobility Center icon, and go to step 5 below. NOTE:This option will not be available on a desktop PC.
4. Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type mblctr.exe, press Enter, and go to step 5 below.
5. You can now adjust the settings per tile to what you like. (See screenshot below) NOTE:You can click/tap on a tile icon at the upper left corner of the tile to quickly open options for that setting. Here are some of the most common settings you might find in Mobility Center listed below. Remember that not all settings are available on all laptops.
Display Brightness - Move the slider to temporarily adjust the brightness of your display. To adjust the display brightness settings for your power plan, click the icon to open Power Options.
Volume - Move the slider to adjust the speaker volume of your laptop, or select the Mute check box.
Battery Status - View how much charge remains on your battery or select a power plan from the list.
Wireless Network - View the status of your wireless network connection or turn your wireless network adapter on or off. NOTE:If the Turn wireless on button is unavailable, you might need to use the hardware switch on your laptop computer to turn on the wireless network adapter. For more information about turning the adapter on and off, check the documentation that came with your computer.
Screen Rotation - Change the orientation of your Tablet PC screen from portrait to landscape, or vice versa.
External Display - Connect an additional monitor to your laptop, or customize the display settings.
Sync Center - View the status of an in-progress file sync, start a new sync, set up a sync partnership, or change your settings in Sync Center.
Presentation Settings - Change the screen saver, adjust the speaker volume, and change your desktop background image to be applied when giving a presentation.