How to Create a Windows 7 "Getting Started" Shortcut
This will show you how to create or download a Getting Started (Welcome Center) shortcut.
EXAMPLE: Getting Started
To Download the "Getting Started" Shortcut
1. Click on the Download button below to download the file below.
2. Click on Save, and save the .zip file to the desktop.
3. Open the .zip file and extract the Getting Started shortcut to the desktop.
4. Right click on the Getting Started shortcut, and click on Properties, General tab, and on the Unblock button. (See screenshot below)
NOTE: If you do not have a Unblock button under the General tab, then the shortcut is already unblocked and you can continue on to step 5.
5. You can now Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move it where you like for easy use.
6. When done, you can delete the downloaded .zip file on the desktop if you like, or save it to use again.
To Manually Create the "Getting Started" Shortcut
1. Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut.
2. Copy and paste either location below into the location area, and click on the Next button. (see screenshot below)
3. Type Getting Started for the name, and click on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)That's it,
NOTE: You can name this anything you would like though.
4. Right click on the new Getting Started shortcut on the Desktop and click on Properties.
5. Click on the Shortcut tab, then click on the Change Icon button. (See screenshot below)
6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above and click on OK. (see screenshot above)
NOTE: You can use any icon that you would like instead though.
8. Click on OK. (see screenshot below)
9. You can now Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move it where you like for easy use.