How to Create a "System" Shortcut in Windows 7
This will show you how to create or download a System
shortcut to view basic information about your computer. You can also Pin to Taskbar
or Pin to Start Menu
this shortcut, or move where you like in Windows 7 for easy use.
This opens the same thing when you right click on Computer in the Start Menu and click on Properties.
To Download the "System" Shortcut
1. Click on the download button below to download the System.zip file.
2. Click on Save, and save the .zip file to the desktop.
3. Open the .zip file and extract the System shortcut to the desktop.
4. Right click on the System shortcut, and click on Properties, General tab, and on the Unblock button. (See screenshot below)
NOTE: If you do not have a Unblock button under the General tab, then the shortcut is already unblocked and you can continue on to step 5.
5. Move the shortcut to where you like for easy use.
6. When done, you can delete the downloaded .zip file on the desktop if you like, or save it to use again.
To Manually Create the "System" Shortcut
1. Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut.
2. Type the location below into the location area, and click on the Next button. (See screenshot below)
3. Type System for the name, and click on the Finish button. (See screenshot below)That's it,
NOTE: You can name this anything you would like though.
4. Right click on the new System shortcut on the Desktop and click on Properties.
5. Click on the Shortcut tab, then click on the Change Icon button. (See screenshot below)
6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", type the location below and press Enter. (See screenshot below)
7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above and click on OK. (See screenshot above)
NOTE: You can use any icon that you would like instead though.
8. Click on OK. (See screenshot below)
9. Move the shortcut to where you like for easy use.