You could also place any or all troubleshooting shortcuts that you would like to use as well from the related tutorials box at the bottom of this tutorial into a new folder, then pin the folder to the taskbar to make using them easier.
EXAMPLE: Troubleshooting Aero
To Download the "Aero Troubleshoot" Shortcut
1. Click on the Download button below to download the file below.
2. Click on Save, and save the .zip file to the desktop.
3. Open the .zip file and extract the Aero Troubleshoot shortcut to the desktop.
4. Right click on the Aero Troubleshoot shortcut, and click on Properties, General tab, and on the Unblock button. (See screenshot below) NOTE:If you do not have a Unblock button under the General tab, then the shortcut is already unblocked and you can continue on to step 5.
5. Move the shortcut to where you like for easy use.
6. When done, you can delete the downloaded .zip file on the desktop if you like, or save it to use again.
To Manually Create the "Aero Troubleshoot" Shortcut
1. Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut.
2. Type the location below into the location area, and click on the Next button. (See screenshot below)
%systemroot%\system32\msdt.exe -id AeroDiagnostic
3. Type Aero Troubleshoot for the name, and click on the Finish button. (See screenshot below) NOTE:You can name this anything you would like though.
4. Right click on the new Aero Troubleshoot shortcut on the Desktop and click on Properties.
5. Click on the Shortcut tab, then click on the Change Icon button. (See screenshot below)
6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", type the location below and press Enter. (See screenshot below)
Computer type PC/Desktop System Manufacturer/Model Number heavydoooevil computer inc OS Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 32-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1 CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC. P7H55D-M EVO Memory 4,00 GB Graphics Card LogMeIn Mirror Driver, Intel(R) HD Graphics Sound Card High Definition Audio Device Monitor(s) Displays Sony XV TV Screen Resolution 1920x1080
Keyboard Logitech Washable K310 Mouse Logitech USB M305 Hard Drives 1 ST3250620AS ATA Device, 2 WDC WD20EARS-00MVWB0 ATA Device Internet Speed YOU SHOULD SEE IN MY SIG BELOW Antivirus avast! Internet Security Browser Mozilla Firefox Other Info Samsung ML-2165 series printer
Sennheiser HDR 170
American Megatrend ASUS BIOS