How to Change the Windows Media Center Parental Controls Access Code
This access code is used to access restricted content or to change parental control settings in Windows Media Center. Be sure to write it down somewhere safe in case you forget it.
Windows Media Center is not available in the Windows 7 Starter and Windows 7 Home Basic editions.
1. Open the Start Menu, and click on All Programs and Windows Media Center to open Windows Media Center.That's it,
2. In Media Center, scroll down to Tasks and select Settings. (see screenshot below)
3. Select the General option. (see screenshot below)
4. Select the Parental Controls option. (see screenshot below)
5. Type in a your current 4-digit access code. (see screenshot below)
6. Select Change Access Code. (see screenshot below)
7. Type in a new 4-digit access code, then type it in again to confirm it. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: Be sure to write it down somewhere safe in case you forget it.
8. Click on OK. (see screenshot below)
9. Your access code has now been changed. You can now close Windows Media Center when finished if you like.