Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD


19 Mar 2010   #179
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 
SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD

How to slipstream SATA drivers into Windows XP setup CD, on your dual boot PC with Windows 7 or Vista

When you install Win XP, setup can not find your Hard Drive.

...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2012   #180
ComputerKid

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AndyH54 View Post
I ended up by initially installing XP in IDE mode on a spare second hard disk which I installed in the computer. I then followed the method in this link to install the correct SATA AHCI driver for my motherboard and then change the BIOS to AHCI:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...ctID=c03101776

Having now got XP installed in AHCI mode on my spare hard disk, I made an image backup of it and restored the image to a separate partition on my Windows 7 hard drive. Finally, I downloaded a program called EasyBCD which made it simple to add XP to the master boot record.

A bit long winded perhaps, but I can now dual boot XP and Windows 7.
Well, good job!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Nov 2012   #181
dude143

Windows 7 Home Premium x64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Thanks so much, theog.

This is valuable help now that XP installer no longer can keep up with SATA drives.

The use of screenshots is also far beyond anything else out there on the web for this.

Will be giving this out several times per week, I'm sure.
Where i can find my driver installer in my HP Pavilion dv6-3120tx laptop...?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2012   #182
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dude143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Thanks so much, theog.

This is valuable help now that XP installer no longer can keep up with SATA drives.

The use of screenshots is also far beyond anything else out there on the web for this.

Will be giving this out several times per week, I'm sure.
Where i can find my driver installer in my HP Pavilion dv6-3120tx laptop...?
First check for all the Win XP drivers for your hardware.
HP Support & Drivers | United States

If your Win XP CD, does not support your Sata Controller, you will need to load drivers to uses at F6.
Load Sata Controller drivers with a floppy disk is the best way.
SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot
OR
SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD

You can download your F6 Sata Controller drivers from here:
Note: Please read this thread fully.
General XP Downgrade Guide for HP Laptops - HP Support Forum

Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2012   #183
slowpoke

Windows7 Home 64bit
 
 

I was advised to join this thread for assistance, since that's what I'm trying to achieve and I am a noobie in this area. I can change hardware and do installations, but not afraid to dwell in new areas.
System is a HP Pavilion P6310f Win 7 64bit, mobo M2N78-LA, Athalon II x4 630, GeForce 8600GT PCIe card, 6gb ram, 1tb hd and I believe the SATA controller is Nvidia Nforce MCP78S (GeForce 8200) AHCI.

My quest: Dual boot with 7 and XP.
Reading through Blink's tutorial, my only option is to slipstream the sata drivers. I have yet to partition the existing drive to install XP, because reading through the tutorial, it suggests to download the drivers from the manufacturer's site. For my unit, HP lists Windows 7 32, Windows 7 64, Vista and Vista 64. When I hover the cursor over to "...OS not listed.." I get "If your operating system is not listed, HP does not have software or downloads available for this product in that operating system."
Then I tried searching for the mobo and I could not find what I need. I was also wondering, should I also have drivers for the rest of the hardware installed in the machine besides the SATA drive? Sometimes I feel this stuff is over my head. But the tutorials like this with screen shots are awesome and motivating.
I do not have the HP install cd, but I made the recovery dvd's (3) shortly after I got the machine. I also have a new, still in the wrapper, retail copy of XP Pro SP2.
Request: Help finding any drivers to complete this dual boot. Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Nov 2012   #184
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
I was advised to join this thread for assistance, since that's what I'm trying to achieve and I am a noobie in this area. I can change hardware and do installations, but not afraid to dwell in new areas.
System is a HP Pavilion P6310f Win 7 64bit, mobo M2N78-LA, Athalon II x4 630, GeForce 8600GT PCIe card, 6gb ram, 1tb hd and I believe the SATA controller is Nvidia Nforce MCP78S (GeForce 8200) AHCI.

My quest: Dual boot with 7 and XP.
Reading through Blink's tutorial, my only option is to slipstream the sata drivers. I have yet to partition the existing drive to install XP, because reading through the tutorial, it suggests to download the drivers from the manufacturer's site. For my unit, HP lists Windows 7 32, Windows 7 64, Vista and Vista 64. When I hover the cursor over to "...OS not listed.." I get "If your operating system is not listed, HP does not have software or downloads available for this product in that operating system."
Then I tried searching for the mobo and I could not find what I need. I was also wondering, should I also have drivers for the rest of the hardware installed in the machine besides the SATA drive? Sometimes I feel this stuff is over my head. But the tutorials like this with screen shots are awesome and motivating.
I do not have the HP install cd, but I made the recovery dvd's (3) shortly after I got the machine. I also have a new, still in the wrapper, retail copy of XP Pro SP2.
Request: Help finding any drivers to complete this dual boot. Thanks.
You can check your HP/compaq PC here:
General XP Downgrade Guide for HP Laptops - HP Support Forum
NOTE: Please read this thread fully.
As some HP/compaq PC have a BIOS problem with Win XP
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2012   #185
slowpoke

Windows7 Home 64bit
 
 

Well I read all of the downgrade guide and unless I missed something (after I read it twice), I read the guide is for laptops not desktops. Also the model numbers are no were near mine (P6310f). I appreciate the input, but did I miss something?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2012   #186
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
Well I read all of the downgrade guide and unless I missed something (after I read it twice), I read the guide is for laptops not desktops. Also the model numbers are no were near mine (P6310f). I appreciate the input, but did I miss something?
Your Nvidia drivers are listed in the thread.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2012   #187
slowpoke

Windows7 Home 64bit
 
 

I appologize if this is spoon feeding. I'm embarassed about it, but I think my Nvidia SATA controller is GeForce 8200. Which catagory is my desktop in? Easy, Moderate or Difficult? There's so much for rookies like myself to absorb, it crosses my mind that I should not be attempting any of this. Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2012   #188
Sedan sriracha

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

I believe I am retarded. I use Greddy emanage ultimate software to tune my car. I was told it used xp, so I was given a notebook with xp and managed to DL and install the software and life was great. Then my notebook died. Then I bought a notebook. Then I discovered the driver will only work on a 32 bit OS. My notebook is Windows 7 64bit. In attempt to dualboot I ended up here.

Cliff notes:
Lenovo z580 notebook Windows 7 64bit

Bought win xp 32bit OS

DL nlite

Copied win xp to a folder

Went to Lenovo site and DL'd chipset drivers

Cannot find .inf file to add to nlite in order to create disc

Is the chipset files the right DL? How do I find the .inf file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated I am sick of my car running not so great.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Dec 2012   #189
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sedan sriracha View Post
I believe I am retarded. I use Greddy emanage ultimate software to tune my car. I was told it used xp, so I was given a notebook with xp and managed to DL and install the software and life was great. Then my notebook died. Then I bought a notebook. Then I discovered the driver will only work on a 32 bit OS. My notebook is Windows 7 64bit. In attempt to dualboot I ended up here.

Cliff notes:
Lenovo z580 notebook Windows 7 64bit

Bought win xp 32bit OS

DL nlite

Copied win xp to a folder

Went to Lenovo site and DL'd chipset drivers

Cannot find .inf file to add to nlite in order to create disc

Is the chipset files the right DL? How do I find the .inf file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated I am sick of my car running not so great.

If the Lenovo z580 has a uEFI BIOS, Win XP will not install.

For Drivers D/L the F6 drivers.

If Intel link for drivers here:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...17412&lang=eng

Have you looked at using XP Mode, Virtual Player, VMWare, or Virtual Box.
Windows XP Mode - Install and Setup
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Comment

 SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD




Tutorial Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD
Windows 7 Tutorial Category
Create slipstream install usb w/drivers/updates? General Discussion
SB750 RAID drivers not in RTM.can't install.slipstream? Installation & Setup
Solved Slipstream SATA drivers into XP setupCD,which driver to be chosen,pls? Installation & Setup
SATA driver for Windows XP Slipstream Installation & Setup
Possible to slipstream all W7 drivers to XP CD? Drivers
Slipstream Drivers and N-light. Drivers
How to slipstream graphics drivers Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33