How to Create a Advanced User Accounts Shortcut in Windows 7
This will show you how to create or download a Advanced User Accounts shortcut of netplwiz in Windows 7 or Vista. You can also Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, or move where you like for easy use.
You must be logged in as an adminstrator to be able to use this shortcut.
EXAMPLE: Advanced User Accounts
Download the Shortcut
1. Click on the download button below to download the Advanced_User_Accounts.zip file.
2. Click on Save, and save the .zip file to the desktop.
3. Open the .zip file and extract the Advanced User Accounts shortcut to the desktop.
4. Right click on the Advanced User Accounts shortcut, and click on Properties, General tab, and on the Unblock button. (see screenshot below) NOTE:If you do not have a Unblock button under the General tab, then the shortcut is already unblocked and you can continue on to step 5.
5. If you would like a better custom 256x256 pixel icon instead of the default smaller icon, then go to step 4 in OPTION TWO below to download and use it instead.
6. Move the shortcut to where you like for easy use.
7. When done, you can delete the downloaded .zip file on the desktop if you like, or save it to use again.
Manually Create the Shortcut
1. Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut.
2. Type the location below into the location area, and click on the Next button. (see screenshot below)
3. Type Advanced User Accounts for the name, and click on the Finish button. (see screenshot below) NOTE:You can name this anything you would like though.
4.To Download or Use a Custom Icon - NOTE:You can skip this step and go to step 6 if you do not want or need a better 256x256 icon to use instead of the smaller default one.
A) You can click on the Download button below to download and use this custom 256x256 pixelAdvanced User Accounts.ico file in a ZIP file below as this shortcut's icon if you like. NOTE:The icon will need to remain saved at the same location for the icon to continue to display on the shortcut.
B) Right click on the new Advanced User Accounts shortcut on the Desktop and click on Properties.
C) Click on the Shortcut tab, then click on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)
D) In the line under "Look for icons in this file", click on Browse and navigate to the location of the saved 256x256 pixel icon you want to use. (see screenshot below)
E) Select the icon and click on OK. (see screenshot above)
F) Click on OK. (see screenshot below step 5C)
5. Move the shortcut to where you like for easy use.