Hello, new to the forum and to dual booting.
Excellent tutorial. Excellent site.
I have followed the tutorial and everythign seemed to have worked, however I don't get any boot option on startup.
Here's my sceanrio:
- Sony Vaio laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium preinstalled on C:
- Used Windows 7 to create a partition (D
- Slipstremaed SATA drivers
in XP ISO
- Followed tutorial (Method 2) and installed XP Pro SP2 on a partioned drive D: from CD
- XP started fine
- Tried using EasyBCD to add XP to the bootloader - appeared to work (i.e. no errors)
- On reboot of the system, XP loads up automatically, no bootmanager or option for Windows 7.
Please let me know what you need (screen caps, etc) to help me out. I've tried to read through the posts, but nothing seems to apply.
Thanks in advance.
EDIT: Found a Windows 7 64bit Repair .ISO d/l online, ran the boot repair and it fixed the problem. Thanks for providing so much intelligence to the masses.