Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Enable Auto Publish on WinXP VM


18 Jun 2009   #1

Windows 7 X64 Build 7100
 
 
Enable Auto Publish on WinXP VM

Hey Guys,
I've installed a standalone copy of WinXP Pro and am doing all the updates right now. I'm checking the Auto Publish Settings and it says that "required updates are not installed in the virtual system"

are there any special updates i need to install to be able to enable auto publish or just update the VM system to the latest windows updates?


Thanks

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Jun 2009   #2

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Hey Guys,
I've installed a standalone copy of WinXP Pro and am doing all the updates right now. I'm checking the Auto Publish Settings and it says that "required updates are not installed in the virtual system"

are there any special updates i need to install to be able to enable auto publish or just update the VM system to the latest windows updates?


Thanks
Hi Icenine,

What auto publish are you asking about?

Steven
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2009   #3

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dmex View Post
Hi Icenine,

What auto publish are you asking about?

Steven
The auto publish of VM installed apps to the Windows 7 start menu


Icenine,

I haven't got VM installed atm so I cant give you precise instructions, but once you have the XP vm running, select the tools menu at the top of the page and the integration options are there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


18 Jun 2009   #4

Windows 7 X64 Build 7100
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
The auto publish of VM installed apps to the Windows 7 start menu


Icenine,

I haven't got VM installed atm so I cant give you precise instructions, but once you have the XP vm running, select the tools menu at the top of the page and the integration options are there.
When i click Tools there are only 2 options
Disable Integration Features
Settings (which brings me to the settings menu for the VM system)

Also clicking the Help Link at the bottom produces a Winhelp file with NO information because VPC is beta. lol


Attached Thumbnails
Enable Auto Publish on WinXP VM-autopublish.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2009   #5

 

As they already seem to to enabled, try disabling integration features reboot the vm and enabling them again.

TBH I've only played with the MS supplied XP image, which of course worked fine. - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir.../download.aspx
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Enable Auto Publish on WinXP VM




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33