|24 May 2011||#1|
| || |
Virtual Machine Password...
First time on here. I searced and found similar topic but it was over 300 days old so I'll post my problem here.
When I get into VM/XP mode, I have had no problems for 2 years until 3 days ago. Now it is asking for a password (which I never set up before). Following suggestions in the older thread on here I have tried the following. I made sure under Tools\Enable Integration Features that Enable is unchecked. I made sure that Logon Credential is set to None. Delete Saved Credentials is grayed out so I can't access that.
Not sure what else to try so hopefully there is someone in this forum that can offer a suggestion that will solve this problem.
|My System Specs|
|25 May 2011||#4|
| || |
I had the same problem, and someone here suggested these steps and they worked for me:
1) Edit the settings of the VM, and change the close behavior to "Shutdown" (only required if your VM isn't shut down currently).
2) Open your VM, and if you can click on the Shutdown button at the login window, do so - pick Restart.
3) Continually hit F8 as it is "rebooting". If you do it right, you should get the usual Safe Mode boot choices.
4) Pick the first choice - Safe Mode.
5) At the login screen, type in Administrator for the username, no password - you will log in unless you purposefully somehow set a password on the Administrator account. If you've forgotten this password - you're going to have to use special programs to recover the password which I won't cover here.
6) Once logged in, go to the Control Panel and select Users & Groups. Click the XPMUser account and select Remove Password (or you can reset it - up to you).
7) Reboot once again (don't forget to change the settings for the VM back to Hibernate)
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Virtual Machine Password...|
|How to Create a Win95 Virtual Machine in Windows Virtual PC||Virtualization|
|Windows Virtual PC - Connect Virtual Machine to Network||Tutorials|
|Development Programming in Virtual Machine vs Host Machine||Virtualization|
|Can I retrieve files on virtual machine even if cannot start Virtual||Virtualization|
|Using .vhd file from one virtual machine to other virtual machine||Virtualization|
|Can I load up my linux partition in Virtual Box or any Virtual Machine||Virtualization|
|Windows Virtual PC - Change Virtual Machine Settings||Tutorials|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 PM.