VMware Player 4.0.1 is a free update for all VMware Player 4 users. Highlights of VMware Player 4.0.1 functionality include:
- Graphics performance and compatibility enhancements.
- Ubuntu 11.10 is officially supported as a guest operating system.
- Disk and memory management issues have been addressed.
- Many customer-reported issues have been resolved.
The following issues are resolved in VMware Player 4.0.1.
- Windows 7 guest installation failed after powering on the virtual machine with the error A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now.
- VMware Tools failed with the message VMware Tools unrecoverable error.
- VMware Tools failed to start in Fedora 15 guests.
- An Ubuntu 11.10 guest crashed with a signal 11 error if you installed or upgraded VMware Tools.
- On hosts with Nvidia GeForce and Quadro video cards, some of the clouds in the Unigine Heaven Benchmark application were drawn solid black.
- Easy Install did not properly function on Ubuntu 11.10.
- CD/DVD mount Linux.iso failed while installing VMware Tools in Ubuntu 11.10 guests.
- The AltGr key was not working in an Ubuntu guest in Unity mode when the host and guest keyboards were both set to a layout that contained the AltGr key."