VMware Player 4.0.2 is a free update for all VMware Player 4 users. Highlights of VMware Player 4.0.2 functionality include:
- Ubuntu 11.10 is supported as a host.
- Fedora 16 is supported as a guest.
- Many customer-reported issues have been resolved.
The following issues are resolved in VMware Player 4.0.2.
- The ACLs on the PID files needed improvement. VMware thanks Inode0 for bringing this to our attention.
- Releasing input from the guest to the host, for example, moving the cursor from the virtual machine window to the host screen, failed with an unrecoverable error.
- Copying and pasting from a guest to an Ubuntu 11.10 host failed.
- Shared folders did not work in Fedora 16 and OpenSuse 12.1 guests.
- In Ubuntu 11.10 hosts, key repeat was disabled after ungrabbing or quitting VMware Player.
- On a Windows host, a virtual machine configured to use a physical disk or partition failed to power on if the host had a volume backed by more than one physical disk, for example, a RAID system.