[Win-7 Pro 64-bit with free XP-Pro virtual machine]
I tried another forum with this, but didn't have any replies, so I'll try this forum as a last resort before uninstalling it as it's more hassle than it's worth:
I have set up a VM. It was working fine yesterday apart from the networking which I now have operative. However:
Yesterday the attached USB soundcard was working fine when activated for both playback and record. Today it isn't.
It is available in the USB dropdown as unknown device. Attaching it allows me to hear external sounds. Releasing it stops the sounds, so it is being recognised at some level or other. System sounds come through the host machine's sound system.
There is only an 'MS RDP Audio Device' in Control Panel|Sounds for playback; there is no record. Yesterday it was a (virtual) Soundblaster with the USB device available as an alternative in both Record and Playback.
The USB SC is a good quality device with a combined Mic and Digital input and a stereo output. Although there is a USB expansion card fitted to the host machine, the USB sound device is not on it.