Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: XP vm freezes when USB device is plugged in.


19 Mar 2013   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 
XP vm freezes when USB device is plugged in.

I have an Amazon.com: XITEL HiFi-Link For PC and Mac: Electronics

It's a USB sound card.

I have used it on an XP machine, and a Windows 7 machine without issues. If I try to connect to to my Windows 7 machine, giving my XP machine exclusive use of the USB device, XP locks up!

Any guess as to what to do to prevent the lockup?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Mar 2013   #2

Windows 7 x64 and numerous virtual machines
 
 

64 bit XP drivers for the sound card?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2013   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
64 bit XP drivers for the sound card?
Pure plug and play. No drivers provided.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


19 Mar 2013   #4

Windows 7 x64 and numerous virtual machines
 
 

YES but does it support XP 64 bit? Most stuff does not.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2013   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

I never tried it on a 64bit ver, I only had 32 when I used it last time...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2013   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Do'H! I just realized, it works in Windows 7 x64, so it seems to me that it implies that it will run in XPx64!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2013   #7

Windows 7 x64 and numerous virtual machines
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JoesMorgue View Post
Do'H! I just realized, it works in Windows 7 x64, so it seems to me that it implies that it will run in XPx64!
Not at all, Windows XP64 was based on a server OS, not many peripherals are supported.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2013   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

I tried doing a fresh install, I turned off the audio, and had the device plugged in during the install...

I also got this response when I emailed for help:

The AN1 uses the generic Windows USB audio drivers. Both 1 and 2 have actual drivers and an interface layer. When you’re running a virtual OS, the underlying drivers may not be present which can cause the OS to lock as the interface layer tries to initialize. We do not support any virtualized systems because of this.

All the best,

Xitel Support.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2013   #9

Windows 7 x64 and numerous virtual machines
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JoesMorgue View Post
I tried doing a fresh install, I turned off the audio, and had the device plugged in during the install...

I also got this response when I emailed for help:

The AN1 uses the generic Windows USB audio drivers. Both 1 and 2 have actual drivers and an interface layer. When you’re running a virtual OS, the underlying drivers may not be present which can cause the OS to lock as the interface layer tries to initialize. We do not support any virtualized systems because of this.

All the best,

Xitel Support.
OK Crazy idea, can you install XP 64 on another PC, plug the USB card in and then copy the drivers it loads to a flash drive then you can copy them back to the virtual XP64? I told you it was crazy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2013   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JoesMorgue View Post
I tried doing a fresh install, I turned off the audio, and had the device plugged in during the install...

I also got this response when I emailed for help:

The AN1 uses the generic Windows USB audio drivers. Both 1 and 2 have actual drivers and an interface layer. When you’re running a virtual OS, the underlying drivers may not be present which can cause the OS to lock as the interface layer tries to initialize. We do not support any virtualized systems because of this.

All the best,

Xitel Support.
OK Crazy idea, can you install XP 64 on another PC, plug the USB card in and then copy the drivers it loads to a flash drive then you can copy them back to the virtual XP64? I told you it was crazy.
What drivers? All the drivers are internal to Winders... Or am I misunderstanding your accent? :P
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 XP vm freezes when USB device is plugged in.




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: XP vm freezes when USB device is plugged in.
Thread Forum
BSOD when plugged in usb device BSOD Help and Support
Computer freezes randomly with external HDD plugged in BSOD Help and Support
Run program when device plugged in? General Discussion
USB Device already in use - but nothing plugged in?! Hardware & Devices
When device is plugged in, blue screen comes up BSOD Help and Support
Why I don't have pop up when device plugged in? Sound & Audio
W7 Freezes when any USB plugged in! Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33