The official VMLite XP Mode Plugin for Sun VirtualBox, which enables VirtualBox to run XP Mode, has been released. Free download is available from our download area. http://www.vmlite.com/index.php/download
(the 2nd binary VMLiteWorkstationPluginSetup.exe)
(registration required) Who needs the plugin?
(1) Current VirtualBox users that want to run XP Mode. The plugin is fully compatible with VirtualBox 3.1.2, so your existing VirtualBox and virtual Machines won't be touched in any way. The plugin simply installs to a separate folder, and enables VirtualBox to run XP Mode.
(2) Current VMLite users that want to support USB devices, such as USB printers, USB webcams, etc. You will need to uninstall your current VMLite Workstation first. How to install?
It requires Sun VirtualBox 3.1.2. you need to Install VirtualBox first, then install the plugin.
You will be able to run XP Mode with VirtualBox, or with the newly installed VMLite Workstation.
1) Current VirtualBox Users without any VMLite installed
you can download the plugin, and install VMLite, then follow the wizard to create the first XP Mode vm.
2) Current VMLite users without any VirtualBox installed
Follow the following steps exactly:
(1) Uninstall your current VMLite Workstation
better to reboot the host machine after VMLite Workstation is uninstalled
(2) Very important - otherwise your previous VMs won't be available
rename this folder, c:\users\%your-user-id%\VMLites to c:\users\%your-user-id%\.VirtualBox (yes, there is a dot in front of VirtualBox)
(3) Download and install Sun VirtualBox 3.1.2 www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
(4) Download and Install our VMLite Plugin for VirtualBox
the 2nd binary from our download page (VMLiteWorkstationPluginSetup.exe) www.vmlite.com/index.php/download