Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: VMWARe question

05 Feb 2010   #1

win 7 x64
 
 
VMWARe question

Yesterday i installed vmware workstation 7 and in the virtual pc i run Mac os x snow leopard . My main Os is Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit . I got dual screen connection in the main screen its win 7 and in the second mac . My question is how i can make the virtual pc starts automatically in the second screen every time i turn on the pc . Now i have to run Vmware manually and move the window that opens in the 2nd screen . Also during the load of the 2nd OS from the virtual pc i enter the deskop screen and everything freezes for 2-3 minutes is this normal ?

Thanks !!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2010   #2
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iraklis1987 View Post
Yesterday i installed vmware workstation 7 and in the virtual pc i run Mac os x snow leopard . My main Os is Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit . I got dual screen connection in the main screen its win 7 and in the second mac . My question is how i can make the virtual pc starts automatically in the second screen every time i turn on the pc . Now i have to run Vmware manually and move the window that opens in the 2nd screen . Also during the load of the 2nd OS from the virtual pc i enter the deskop screen and everything freezes for 2-3 minutes is this normal ?

Thanks !!
Hi!
I tried to install mac os in vmware (as well as c drive) many times, but it is a story of grand failure every time. I congratulate you, and request you to please tell me the vm settings that made it possible. Wish you a good luck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2010   #3

W7 X-64 RTM,SUSE 11.1, XP PRO SP3 as a VM, VMware ESXi
 
 

Hi there
Running a MAC OS-X as a VM is not very simple -- How did you do it.
Using "Bootcamp" or other stuff like Parallels you can run Windows Virtual machines ON a MAC but it's almost impossible to do it the other way round so what's the hardware and how did you do it.

The only site I know where people have had some limited success in running OS-X on non Apple hardware (and then not as a Virtual Machine) is this one.

Hackintosh Instructions, Hackintosh How To Guides @ Hackintosh.com

Parallels

http://www.parallels.com/uk/

Apple bootcamp

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/29549

cheers
jimbo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Feb 2010   #4
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
Hi there
Running a MAC OS-X as a VM is not very simple -- How did you do it.
Using "Bootcamp" or other stuff like Parallels you can run Windows Virtual machines ON a MAC but it's almost impossible to do it the other way round so what's the hardware and how did you do it.

The only site I know where people have had some limited success in running OS-X on non Apple hardware (and then not as a Virtual Machine) is this one.

Hackintosh Instructions, Hackintosh How To Guides @ Hackintosh.com

Parallels

Mac Virtual Machines and Virtual PC. Automation and Virtualization Software for Desktops, Servers, Hosting, SaaS - Parallels

Apple bootcamp

Apple Boot Camp 2.1 software download - Mac OS X - VersionTracker

cheers
jimbo
Hi Jimbo!
I agree with you that it is a very hard nut to crack! But lets hope that Iraklis may have a way-out to that, and help us (I and others who want to do it) thereby
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2010   #5

W7 X-64 RTM,SUSE 11.1, XP PRO SP3 as a VM, VMware ESXi
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
Hi there
Running a MAC OS-X as a VM is not very simple -- How did you do it.
Using "Bootcamp" or other stuff like Parallels you can run Windows Virtual machines ON a MAC but it's almost impossible to do it the other way round so what's the hardware and how did you do it.

The only site I know where people have had some limited success in running OS-X on non Apple hardware (and then not as a Virtual Machine) is this one.

Hackintosh Instructions, Hackintosh How To Guides @ Hackintosh.com

Parallels

Mac Virtual Machines and Virtual PC. Automation and Virtualization Software for Desktops, Servers, Hosting, SaaS - Parallels

Apple bootcamp

Apple Boot Camp 2.1 software download - Mac OS X - VersionTracker

cheers
jimbo
Hi Jimbo!
I agree with you that it is a very hard nut to crack! But lets hope that Iraklis may have a way-out to that, and help us (I and others who want to do it) thereby

Hi there

I'd like to have a go as well -- certainly as a Virtual Machine - but I don't think that even running another version of OS-X as a Virtual Machine on a HOST OS-X system is possible - if it were I'm sure there would be plenty of "Virtual Appliances" or VHD's running around "out in the wild".

Cheers
jimbo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Feb 2010   #6

win 7 x64
 
 

Hi installing mac os on vmware its pretty simple but it can be also pretty hard . I spend hours of trials and error only to find the correct disc to boot from (since i used pirate mac os ) . I think it will be a lot of easier if u have the original copy of the dvd since from a research i made if u download the iso image of mac from internet , windows cant burn it properly . Anyway i used this guide , there is a file inside with the settings of vmware

Install Mac OS X Snow Leopard on a PC using VMware


good luck


my set up is
intel i7 920
asus rampage II extreme
6gb Corsair dominator GT 1866 mhz
albatron 8600 GTS (lol):P
and 640 gb WD HDD



PS please answear though my questions :P ( how i make both os start at the same time at the time i boot my pc and start in separate screens )
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Feb 2010   #7

W7 X-64 RTM,SUSE 11.1, XP PRO SP3 as a VM, VMware ESXi
 
 

Hi there.

vmware workstation 7 gives message after a few seconds into the boot process :

Kernel Panic and then crashes.

-- so on some Windows 7 machines -- No go.


(This was using a "Bog standard" LEGAL OS-X install disk) - I'm not using some modifed stuff available on the Internet such as the well known "Darwin.iso" for fixing screen resolution etc etc.

Now in answer to your other question the best way of starting a VM automatically is to use vmware SERVER (free download) instead and then the VM's can be started automatically as a system service at boot time.

They can also run in the background which means you (or other users) can access the Virtual Machine directly without having to be logged on to a HOST session.

Cheers
jimbo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2010   #8
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iraklis1987 View Post
Hi installing mac os on vmware its pretty simple but it can be also pretty hard . I spend hours of trials and error only to find the correct disc to boot from (since i used pirate mac os ) . I think it will be a lot of easier if u have the original copy of the dvd since from a research i made if u download the iso image of mac from internet , windows cant burn it properly . Anyway i used this guide , there is a file inside with the settings of vmware

Install Mac OS X Snow Leopard on a PC using VMware


good luck


my set up is
intel i7 920
asus rampage II extreme
6gb Corsair dominator GT 1866 mhz
albatron 8600 GTS (lol):P
and 640 gb WD HDD



PS please answear though my questions :P ( how i make both os start at the same time at the time i boot my pc and start in separate screens )
Hi!
I followed the tutorial and got this(after powering on the vm)


Attached Thumbnails
VMWARe question-untitled.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2010   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Yeah, I haven't seen a way to load an actual legit OS X disc onto VMWare running on a PC and get it installed, without having to use hacked copies of the OS and patch files and such...which I simply do not trust.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2010   #10

win 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iraklis1987 View Post
Hi installing mac os on vmware its pretty simple but it can be also pretty hard . I spend hours of trials and error only to find the correct disc to boot from (since i used pirate mac os ) . I think it will be a lot of easier if u have the original copy of the dvd since from a research i made if u download the iso image of mac from internet , windows cant burn it properly . Anyway i used this guide , there is a file inside with the settings of vmware

Install Mac OS X Snow Leopard on a PC using VMware


good luck


my set up is
intel i7 920
asus rampage II extreme
6gb Corsair dominator GT 1866 mhz
albatron 8600 GTS (lol):P
and 640 gb WD HDD



PS please answear though my questions :P ( how i make both os start at the same time at the time i boot my pc and start in separate screens )
Hi!
I followed the tutorial and got this(after powering on the vm)





i had the same problem and i think its solved with the lastest version of vmware workstation i thinks its 7.0.1 (check ur version)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 VMWARe question





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33