Hello Matt, welcome to the Seven Forums.
By default, XP Mode is completely individual for every user account on host machine. If user A installs an application on XP Mode, user B don't have it before he has installed it, too.
If you want to use the same XP virtual machine on every user account, do this:
- Create XP Mode virtual machine on host's main user account (install Virtual PC & XP Mode, run XP Mode setup)
- Close XP Mode (shut down or hibernate)
- Login to another user account
- Go to C:\Users\Current_User_Account_Name\Virtual Machines
- Click Create virtual machine
- In Add a virtual hard disk dialog, choose Use an existing virtual hard disk
- Browse to C:\Users\Main_User_Account_Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Virtual PC\Virtual Machines
- Choose Windows XP Mode.vhd, click Open
is a hidden folder, so you have to first enable Show hidden files and folders
in Folder Options
Doing this, the current user's XP Mode does not create an invididual virtual hard disk for XP Mode. Instead it now uses the main user's XP Mode vhd.
All software installed on XP Mode can now be used and accessed by every user. On the other hand, also every file and folder can be accessed by every user so there's no privacy; XP Mode is common, used by all users of the host.
One more method would be to first install all needed software to main user's XP Mode, and then copy this XP Mode virtual machine to other user accounts. Here's
a tutorial on copying a virtual machine.