VMware Player 3.0.1 is a maintenance release that resolves
some known issues. This release of VMware Player adds the following new support: Operating System Host and Guest Support
Windows 2008 R2 Host and guest
Windows Vista SP2 Host and guest
Ubuntu 9.10 Host and guest
RHEL 5.4 Host and guest
CentOS 5.4 Guest
Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.4 Guest Resolved Issues
- On VMware Player 3.0, multiple core vCPU support does not work on Windows 7. As a result, Windows 7 Home Premium, Home Basic, and Starter editions which support a single CPU with multiple core can not use more than one vCPU in the virtual machine.
- Importing a Windows 7 XP Mode virtual machine fails if you install VMware Player in a directory path that contains non-ASCII characters.
- In some instances, if you choose not to download VMware Tools automatically, the virtual machine becomes unresponsive when you install VMware Tools manually using VM > Install VMware Tools.
- In some instances on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.3 hosts, when you create a virtual machine the Next button in the Select a Disk Type dialog box is disabled.
- On Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.3 guests, printers configured on the host do not appear in the guest.