Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: XP disappeared after 7 and ....

08 Mar 2010   #11

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Hope you got it already fixed as per Jonathan's advise .
There is another way (just an alternative) to fix that issue. Download EasyBCD 2.0 Beta and install it in win 7. then add a windows xp boot entry using it. After restarting, you will get a dual boot between win 7 and xp.
what is windows xp boot entry, and where to add it?
I don't want to restart the computer.

Thanks my friend, hope it works....

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Mar 2010   #12

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Try running a startup repair om 7. It should detect the XP and add it to the BCD.
It didn't work
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Mar 2010   #13

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mitch656 View Post
insert you Windows 7 instaillion Disk, reboot your PC and do a Start up repair.

It should once done, give u the boot manger, when compelete
It didn't work
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


08 Mar 2010   #14

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kittleboy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Try running a startup repair om 7. It should detect the XP and add it to the BCD.
It didn't work
kittleboy;

Are comfortable with typing command line instructions in a Command Prompt?

Name:  command_prompt_01.png
Views: 29
Size:  31.4 KB

If you want to try, we might be able to fix your dual boot easy?

Cheers!
Robert


My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Mar 2010   #15

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Is this on one hard drive or two? Could you attach a Disk Management Snipping tool picture?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Mar 2010   #16

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
It showed the Previous ....
but, when i click on it, it says one file is missed or something like that, please re-install ....
and then after pressing any key, restart.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2010   #17

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Saltgrass View Post
Is this on one hard drive or two? Could you attach a Disk Management Snipping tool picture?
It's on one HDD.
Yes I can connect flash memories ( pen drives ).... and no problem
I don't know what is Disk Management ..... .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2010   #18

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iseeuu View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kittleboy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Try running a startup repair om 7. It should detect the XP and add it to the BCD.
It didn't work
kittleboy;

Are comfortable with typing command line instructions in a Command Prompt?

Attachment 59448

If you want to try, we might be able to fix your dual boot easy?

Cheers!
Robert
Well,
I think i can say that I am familiar at least a bit with command prompt
what should i do, please just give your instructions step by step.

because i disappeared my 7 several times, then i went to youtube with my friend laptop, then i could bring it up again through cmd, but then again, the XP is gone.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2010   #19
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kittleboy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Try running a startup repair om 7. It should detect the XP and add it to the BCD.
It didn't work
Really ? It is a process thet generally never fails in this situation.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kittleboy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Hope you got it already fixed as per Jonathan's advise .
There is another way (just an alternative) to fix that issue. Download EasyBCD 2.0 Beta and install it in win 7. then add a windows xp boot entry using it. After restarting, you will get a dual boot between win 7 and xp.
what is windows xp boot entry, and where to add it?
I don't want to restart the computer.

Thanks my friend, hope it works....
In first pic, click on the red bordered button : the 2nd pic will appear. click on the red bordered button, select win xp/nt/2k/2k3, and then in the third pic, click the red bordered button, thats all.

But my dear friend, whatever method of fixing the issue you may follow, restart/reboot is the must at the end to take the process effect. It is unavoidable.

Edit : you may try softpedia.com/EasyBCD insted of the beta if you want.


Attached Images
   
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2010   #20

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kittleboy View Post
Well, I think i can say that I am familiar at least a bit with command prompt what should i do, please just give your instructions step by step.
kittleboy;

This is not a difficult thing to do, especially if you are familiar with using the command prompt. You will create the menu entry for XP manually. Hopefully, the necessary files are still there, if not, if it doesn't work the first time, we can find the correct files and move them to where the need to be.

From Windows 7 open an elevated command prompt: "Start", "All Programs", "Accessories", right click on command prompt and run as administrator.

Then type these four lines, one at a time, press enter in between.

Bcdedit /create {legacy} /d WinXP

Bcdedit /set {legacy} device boot

Bcdedit /set {legacy} path \ntldr

Bcdedit /displayorder {legacy} /addlast


You can look at this in more detail here: http://www.sevenforums.com/installat...wont-boot.html

At the reboot, you should have a menu entry for your XP. If not, we need to look at your system in more detail:

You would need to attach a picture of the Drive Management Utility drive map:

Screenshot and Upload using MWSnap

Screenshot with Paint

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html

Please let us know how we may assist you best?

Cheers!
Robert
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 XP disappeared after 7 and ....





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: XP disappeared after 7 and ....
Thread Forum
Solved my partitions disappeared.. Installation & Setup
my 32 bit disappeared General Discussion
IP protocol disappeared Network & Sharing
MSE disappeared System Security
music has disappeared from wmp Media Center
Blu ray drive disappeared Hardware & Devices
Gadgets disappeared ?? General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33