Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: [what]Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB976902)

12 Feb 2011   #61
wds7

WDS 7 Home Pre.x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by S35 View Post
I didn't install this update, and it still appears in my updates notification window. Does it need to be installed, or can I just disregard it?

What are you affaid of ....?
it's for Sp1 ..which coming very soon ....


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Feb 2011   #62
Phone Man

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NYKO View Post
A few days ago peopele sayed to me that it's need it, becouse I may not recive SP1 without it. Know people are saying the oposite:
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mikedl View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zardoc View Post
You don't even need the KB KB976902. Service pack fetches it.
Nice post, Zardoc!

Indeed, the SP1 RTM(?) does install 976902:

Attachment 132752
Hoever I'm glad that I didn't install it, I toold you that uncked updates may not be need it. Hoever it's good to know abut the updates before you install it, that it's why I never use automaic update.
The reason it was unchecked as it should be installed alone since it is an update to the software that installs updates and it is required before you install SP1. SP1 should will be released on Feb 22 so you may want to go ahead and install this update now.

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2011   #63
Lomai

Win7 HP (x64)/Win7 Ultimate (x64)
 
 

Thanks for the update - Feb 22 for SP1.
Been out for some days now and was wondering about SP1

Take care and regards
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


23 Feb 2011   #64
NYKO

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
it is required before you install SP1. SP1 should will be released on Feb 22 so you may want to go ahead and install this update now.
I didn't install it and I still recived SP1 today on my pc, so looks like it wasn't so required as you say.

Hoever I didn't recive the sp1 for my laptop it has a compaq windows 7 ultimated x64, may be I will recive it later because it's a compaq windows 7. I recived only kb2387530 & KB2484033 , don't know why the SP1 didn't came with this as it came on the pc?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Feb 2011   #65
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NYKO View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
it is required before you install SP1. SP1 should will be released on Feb 22 so you may want to go ahead and install this update now.
I didn't install it and I still recived SP1 today on my pc, so looks like it wasn't so required as you say.

Hoever I didn't recive the sp1 for my laptop it has a compaq windows 7 ultimated x64, may be I will recive it later because it's a compaq windows 7. I recived only kb2387530 & KB2484033 , don't know why the SP1 didn't came with this as it came on the pc?
This update is supposed to prepare the system to install SP1.
If you don't choose this install you might face some troubleshooting during the SP1 upgrade, or wish you be lucky enough to do so.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 [what]Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB976902)




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3011780)
Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3011780) Hey folks. I seem to be continuously being asked to install the above numerous times a day, Every day Any thoughts please?
Windows Updates & Activation
security update for windows 7 for x64-based systems failed
i keep getting these results when im trying to update windows. ive tried using the clean boot and i have the same problem. Ive deleted all the folders from SoftwareDistribution and then tried the update again and it doesnt work. can you plz help fix this issue.
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems update error
Hello everyone. would anyone be able to help me with my problem, im trying to update the windows 7 service pack 7 but keep getting an error 800B0100 tried installing it from the windows website but does not work ether. Thanks
Windows Updates & Activation
Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2845187)
At every shutdown this security update (Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2845187) tries to install however the update log shows repeated failed attempts. Not finding too much help on the net regarding this, so Iím hoping someone out there can help. Win 7 64 bit Professional....
Windows Updates & Activation
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2446496)
This one is pretty odd aswell...didn't heard about it in Windows Update, until today while browsing Ms site. Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2446496): Download details: Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2446496) validation required....rated "Important". It...
Windows Updates & Activation
System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-x32-based Systems
System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64 & x32-based Systems (KB947821) : Brief Description This tool is being offered because an inconsistency was found in the Windows servicing store which may prevent the successful installation of future updates, service packs, and software. ...
News

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:02.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App