Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Update is not loading updates


09 Nov 2010   #11

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Flavius View Post
You may also try this MS Fix it Microsoft Fix it 50202,run it in aggressive mode

besides go to Control Panel>>Troubleshoot>>Solve problem with Windows Update

If still no effect please go Windows Update History and post here error code & message
MS Fix it did not work. I got a failed to process message.
"Solve problem with Windows Update" was not successful either as it did not identify any problem (e.g. the clock and firewall were fine etc etc...)
When I can Windows Update History I find the list of updates that have been cancelled when I click on them this is the following error code 8024000B

If you need further info or if you think I have not followed your instructions please let me know. I would very much like to have this problem solved.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Nov 2010   #12

Windows 7 Professional x64 PL
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thermite99 View Post
When I can Windows Update History I find the list of updates that have been cancelled when I click on them this is the following error code 8024000B

If you need further info or if you think I have not followed your instructions please let me know. I would very much like to have this problem solved.
Here you go:Windows Update error 8024000B
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2010   #13

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
I installed Reset Windows Update and it did reset my updates but I still have the same problem of updates not loading.

Any other ideas!!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


09 Nov 2010   #14

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Flavius View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thermite99 View Post
When I can Windows Update History I find the list of updates that have been cancelled when I click on them this is the following error code 8024000B

If you need further info or if you think I have not followed your instructions please let me know. I would very much like to have this problem solved.
Here you go:Windows Update error 8024000B
Thank you for the link.
I followed the instructions but that does not seem to have helped.
Any other ideas.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2010   #15

Windows 7 Professional x64 PL
 
 

1.Uninstall all 3p security software (firewall,antivir,antispyware)
2.Run Readiness Tool Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2,this tool will create CheckSur.log file in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder

3.Run SFC tool SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker and create report in sfcdetails.txt (details in the link)

If nothing help attache CheckSur.log and sfcdetails.txt to post.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #16

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Flavius View Post
1.Uninstall all 3p security software (firewall,antivir,antispyware)
2.Run Readiness Tool Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2,this tool will create CheckSur.log file in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder

3.Run SFC tool SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker and create report in sfcdetails.txt (details in the link)

If nothing help attache CheckSur.log and sfcdetails.txt to post.
The only third party anti virus software I use is Avast. Do I also have to uninstall Windows Firewall and Windows Defender or do I just turn them off? If I do need to uninstall these programs how do I do it as I do not see them listed in Programs?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #17

Windows 7 Professional x64 PL
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thermite99 View Post
The only third party anti virus software I use is Avast.
Uninstall this soft.

Quote:
Do I also have to uninstall Windows Firewall and Windows Defender or do I just turn them off? If I do need to uninstall these programs how do I do it as I do not see them listed in Programs?
Of course you cannot uninstall built-in firewall and Window Defender -only disable them for the moment.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #18

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Flavius View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thermite99 View Post
The only third party anti virus software I use is Avast.
Uninstall this soft.

Quote:
Do I also have to uninstall Windows Firewall and Windows Defender or do I just turn them off? If I do need to uninstall these programs how do I do it as I do not see them listed in Programs?
Of course you cannot uninstall built-in firewall and Window Defender -only disable them for the moment.
Thanks for the that. I will follow your instructions and let you know how I go.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2010   #19

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thermite99 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Flavius View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thermite99 View Post
The only third party anti virus software I use is Avast.
Uninstall this soft.

Quote:
Do I also have to uninstall Windows Firewall and Windows Defender or do I just turn them off? If I do need to uninstall these programs how do I do it as I do not see them listed in Programs?
Of course you cannot uninstall built-in firewall and Window Defender -only disable them for the moment.
Thanks for the that. I will follow your instructions and let you know how I go.
I have disabled my antivirus software but when I did step 2 and run the program I get this box called Windows Update Standalone Installer. saying "Searching for updates on this computer." It has run for over half an hour. How long should it the program run for?????

Should I do step 3 while the first program is running?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2010   #20

Windows 7 Professional x64 PL
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thermite99 View Post
[ when I did step 2 and run the program I get this box called Windows Update Standalone Installer. saying "Searching for updates on this computer." It has run for over half an hour. How long should it the program run for?????

Should I do step 3 while the first program is running?
No,you shouldn't run SFC with Readiness Tool at once.Run first SFC tool,when it finish try run Readiness Tool again.If still you have problem with this soft try below advices:Troubleshooting with System Update readiness Tool
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Update is not loading updates




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows Update is not loading updates
Thread Forum
Windows update from 12/02/13 not loading Windows Updates & Activation
When loading Windows Update, not working Windows Updates & Activation
Windows 7 Update fails to update when running updates Windows Updates & Activation
How to stop Windows update from downloading updates when I update MSE Windows Updates & Activation
Windows not Loading after update, hangs on "Loading operating system." General Discussion
Can't install updates using windows update or standalone update Windows Updates & Activation
How to stop MS Updates loading me with Office Updates Windows Updates & Activation

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33