Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Slipstream Win7 SP1

17 Jan 2011   #21

Windows 7 x64 pro/ Windows 7 x86 Pro/ XP SP3 x86
 
 

I'm beginning to suspect I have a fake core i7 . Its a dell studio xps 1645 so....But seriously it takes a couple of hours on that machine, the entire process from start to scratch.

There are no visible performance enhancements, but may be there'll be less work for the BSOD gurus in future, who knows? There are supposed to be around 625 hotfixes in SP1, ranging from bsod causes, handle leaks, memory leaks, deadlocks, performance issues, multimonitor issues, you name it.

@Tepid, the only other method I've seen is the reverse integration method for vista. See here.

Use Reverse Integration to slipstream Windows Vista SP1 and SP2 | Microsoft Windows | TechRepublic.com

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Jan 2011   #22

Windows 7
 
 

I am trying to do this but cannot find the location of my Windows 7 64bit iso file, anyone know where I will be able to find it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2011   #23

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BomberAF View Post
I am trying to do this but cannot find the location of my Windows 7 64bit iso file, anyone know where I will be able to find it?
Make an iso image from your Windows 7 retail DVD
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Jan 2011   #24

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BomberAF View Post
I am trying to do this but cannot find the location of my Windows 7 64bit iso file, anyone know where I will be able to find it?
Make an iso image from your Windows 7 retail DVD
Will try that thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2011   #25

Vista Ult SP2/Win 7 Ult SP1/Win 8.1 Pro w/MC (all x64)
 
 

Had no problems installing SP1 directly into my 2 Windows 7 boots on my tower PC but it fails with Error-E_Fail(0x80004005) on my Dell Mini Netbook.

Technet forums are looking at my CBS logs and at present are trying to blame the Windows Mail hack although I know for a fact that it simply rewrote that msoe.dll in my successful PC SP1 install attempts.

OK that's the background....

Now for RT 7 Lite x64..... I get "Service pack integration failed" repeatedly. Using an x86 ISO for the original and the x86 .exe for the SP. (Netbook isn't 64-bit).

I figured that, if I can make a successful integrated DVD for the OS, then I could simply do an in situ repair/upgrade install.

But it appears that the Win 7 Gods are conspiring against me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2011   #26

Vista Ult SP2/Win 7 Ult SP1/Win 8.1 Pro w/MC (all x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
Ok, now that SP1 is out (or almost out), heres a way to slipstream it into the Windows 7 install dvd. From what I read, its working.

How To Integrate or Slipstrem Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Into Installation DVD ISO

Will be trying out in a day or two. Anybody try and get good/bad results, please post so everybody can know. Also, please post if alternative methods work/work better.

So I got a failure....any news?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2011   #27
ie9

Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ex_Brit View Post

So I got a failure....any news?

You could try manually if you haven't already. This seems to be a pretty good tutorial: SP1 slipstreaming guide
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2011   #28

Windows 7 x64 pro/ Windows 7 x86 Pro/ XP SP3 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ex_Brit View Post
Had no problems installing SP1 directly into my 2 Windows 7 boots on my tower PC but it fails with Error-E_Fail(0x80004005) on my Dell Mini Netbook.

Technet forums are looking at my CBS logs and at present are trying to blame the Windows Mail hack although I know for a fact that it simply rewrote that msoe.dll in my successful PC SP1 install attempts.

OK that's the background....

Now for RT 7 Lite x64..... I get "Service pack integration failed" repeatedly. Using an x86 ISO for the original and the x86 .exe for the SP. (Netbook isn't 64-bit).

I figured that, if I can make a successful integrated DVD for the OS, then I could simply do an in situ repair/upgrade install.

But it appears that the Win 7 Gods are conspiring against me.
Are you trying to integrate the x86 SP1 on a 64 bit machine? Thats not possible, you need to run RT7lite on a 32 bit machine to integrate the 32 bit pack.

As for the sp1 direct install error, I'm sure technet forums will come up with something but take a look at these 2 threads.

http://wiert.wordpress.com/2009/10/0...071a91-solved/

Quote:
To work around this issue, turn off the computer and physically unplug all drives that are not required for starting Windows. Power up the computer and restart the service pack installation.

If the workaround is not successful, the alternative is to perform a clean-install.
The above quote is MS's solution, see here.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971204

You could also check whether you had the SP1 beta installed previously? You'd need to cleanup that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2011   #29

Windows 8 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ex_Brit View Post
Had no problems installing SP1 directly into my 2 Windows 7 boots on my tower PC but it fails with Error-E_Fail(0x80004005) on my Dell Mini Netbook.

Technet forums are looking at my CBS logs and at present are trying to blame the Windows Mail hack although I know for a fact that it simply rewrote that msoe.dll in my successful PC SP1 install attempts.

OK that's the background....

Now for RT 7 Lite x64..... I get "Service pack integration failed" repeatedly. Using an x86 ISO for the original and the x86 .exe for the SP. (Netbook isn't 64-bit).

I figured that, if I can make a successful integrated DVD for the OS, then I could simply do an in situ repair/upgrade install.

But it appears that the Win 7 Gods are conspiring against me.
Are you trying to integrate the x86 SP1 on a 64 bit machine? Thats not possible, you need to run RT7lite on a 32 bit machine to integrate the 32 bit pack.
Bill

will it be integrated to the other editions as well??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2011   #30

Windows 7 x64 pro/ Windows 7 x86 Pro/ XP SP3 x86
 
 

Nope, you can only integrate one image at a time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Slipstream Win7 SP1





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Slipstream Win7 SP1
Thread Forum
How to slipstream sp1 into an iso? Installation & Setup
WMP Missing due to slipstream Music, Pictures & Video
Solved Slipstream SP-1 Windows Updates & Activation
Slipstream SP1 Windows Updates & Activation
Win 7 SP1 slipstream DVD General Discussion
To slipstream my upcoming Repair Install (or not to slipstream . . .) Installation & Setup
Dualboot win7/XP slipstream checklist Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33