Quote: Originally Posted by Jacee
Norton360 is gone, MSE is installed. Ran the scan and all is clear. Scanned 1.3M files and no threats were detected. Hitman found nothing, Superantispyware portable found nothing.
FWIW, This PC is new and has only seen enough unprotected internet time to download and install AV software. MSE is now the fourth program that I've run since this issue appeared so I'm quite confident that I have no spam, malware, etc. affecting it. I did not install the software when the system was built, so I don't know what was done. The items that are not working properly point to a registry problem and I have no way to correct it, if I'm thinking right. It behaves as if there are entries that are missing altogether.
I tried installing IE9 and it didn't give the ability to set "Days to keep" in history, size of the temp storage, etc. So I reverted back to IE8 and nothing changed. I was hoping to replace whatever is missing through that process, but it didn't. What's not right must have been like that from the beginning.