|01 Apr 2011||#1|
| || |
Can't update to SP1........help
I have two new HP computers.
My original problem is:
I can't print a shipping label at the US Postal Service site........I get the message External Exception E06D7363 when I hit print (and I don't have a Linksys network card). This is the only time this occurs........otherwise I can print fine.
In trying to solve this I found that I haven't updated to SP1. I'm not sure this is the cause of the original problem, but in any case, I need to update.
Windows Update doesn't offer SP1, so I worked through this page:
You do not have the option of downloading Windows 7 SP1 when you use Windows Update to check for updates
(1) SP1 doesn't appear under Computer Properties
(2) Windows Update says I am up-to-date, doesn't offer SP1
(3) I confirmed Update 976902 is installed (precursor to SP1)
(4) I don't find Safe Central in the list of programs, so apparently this is not a problem
(5) I tried downloading Update 2454826 and I got the message "This update is not applicable to your computer". This suggests the problem might be the Intel graphics driver. I ran the DirectX Diagnostics Tools and found the driver versions. They are not those listed as a problem. However, I still went to the Intel site and ran the Intel Driver Update Utility. It told me the Intel HD Graphics driver is a "customized computer manufacturer driver." So, apparently, HP installed its own driver.
(6) I never used vLite, but I don't know if HP used it or not..........I would guess not.
So, I could either:
(1) Try to wrestle with HP regarding the graphics driver, or
(2) Try to download SP1 from the download center.
I decided to try the SP1 download. When I get here
Download details: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932)
I need help on which one to download.
Please (1) tell me which one to download or (2) tell me what else I should do to ID what is blocking the SP1 update.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Can't update to SP1........help|
|Windows update error 9C48, Internet Explorer update.||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Win7 home update fails, error 8007370B - cannot update, install SP1.||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Unable to install Windows Update: Update Kernel-mode driver framework||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Optional update in windows update is giving me a blue screen.||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Windows Update fails in Update Check. Error code C80003FA.||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Windows 7 - Update KB976932 and KB982526 update failure- error 800b100||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Multiple Update Failures / Win7 x64 - Unable to Update, Error 800b010||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.