Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Win 7 SP1 Error 800B0100

11 Jul 2011   #1
shaun6521

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 
Win 7 SP1 Error 800B0100

Hi,
I'm facing the same problem others are facing with regards to installing Windows 7 SP1. I've tried using WU and Manual Update to install KB947821 but to no avail. I keep getting the message that installation was not successful, with the error code Error: TRUST_E_NOSIGNATURE(0x800b0100). I've also tried using "Check for System Update Readiness" tool as well as "Fix problems with Windows Update" from the control panel, also to no avail. I've tried fixing this problem a few times before, repeating the above procedures and up till now, I've not been successful.
I kinda know that I will have to attach the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder but as I have tried fixing it a few times, there are quite a few entries in it already. Do I need to clear this folder and repeat the "Check for System Update Readiness" tool, and attach the results?

Ohh, my computer is currently running on a Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit Operating System.

Really appreciate your help!

Regards,
Shaun


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Jul 2011   #2
FredeGail

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Hello shaun & Welcome to SevenForums!

There's a solved thread here with the same things you experienced.
Win 7 SP1 error 800B0100

Best Regards,
FredeGail
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2011   #3
niemiro

Vista Home Premium x86 SP2
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by shaun6521 View Post
Hi,
I'm facing the same problem others are facing with regards to installing Windows 7 SP1. I've tried using WU and Manual Update to install KB947821 but to no avail. I keep getting the message that installation was not successful, with the error code Error: TRUST_E_NOSIGNATURE(0x800b0100). I've also tried using "Check for System Update Readiness" tool as well as "Fix problems with Windows Update" from the control panel, also to no avail. I've tried fixing this problem a few times before, repeating the above procedures and up till now, I've not been successful.
I kinda know that I will have to attach the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder but as I have tried fixing it a few times, there are quite a few entries in it already. Do I need to clear this folder and repeat the "Check for System Update Readiness" tool, and attach the results?

Ohh, my computer is currently running on a Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit Operating System.

Really appreciate your help!

Regards,
Shaun
Hello Shaun, and welcome to the Seven Forums!

Please copy the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder to your Desktop, right click on it > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder, and upload the new file which is created on your Desktop here.

Please do not empty this folder, as that deletes valuable evidence. It is my job to search through hundreds of thousands of log file lines, and I can do this quite happily (I search for keywords, and don't actually read the whole thing, to find the relevant sections, and the more repetitions, the easier it is to find patterns) Just give me the whole lot, and I can then do as I please!

Thanks a lot!

Richard
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Jul 2011   #4
shaun6521

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote:
Hello shaun & Welcome to SevenForums!

There's a solved thread here with the same things you experienced.
Win 7 SP1 error 800B0100

Best Regards,
FredeGail
Hi FredeGail, I checked that out and realized that I'm unable to use it as solutions are unique to ones computer.

Quote:
Hello Shaun, and welcome to the Seven Forums!

Please copy the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder to your Desktop, right click on it > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder, and upload the new file which is created on your Desktop here.

Please do not empty this folder, as that deletes valuable evidence. It is my job to search through hundreds of thousands of log file lines, and I can do this quite happily (I search for keywords, and don't actually read the whole thing, to find the relevant sections, and the more repetitions, the easier it is to find patterns) Just give me the whole lot, and I can then do as I please!

Thanks a lot!

Richard
Hi Richard,

Really appreciate your help! As requested, here's the zipped CBS folder.

Regards,
Shaun
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2011   #5
niemiro

Vista Home Premium x86 SP2
 
 

Hello again!

WARNING! This fix was created specifically for this user! If you are not this user, do not follow these instructions!
@shaun6521: Ignore the above

Download the attached .zip file. Inside it, will be two folders, Packages and Manifests.

Create these folders if they do not already exist: C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages\ and C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\winsxs\Manifests

Extract Packs.zip onto your Desktop. Please place the contents of my Desktop\Packages in C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages\ and my Desktop\Manifests in C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\winsxs\Manifests.

N.B. For you, there are no manifest files. Just ignore the manifest files section.

DO NOT place the .zip file in that folder, or the folders themselves. Make sure that a lot of files are in each of those Checksur folder.

Re-run the System Update Readiness Tool, and get me another copy of C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log.

Also, please retest Windows Updates (with fingers slightly crossed, no matter how much we both know that that won't help! lol.)

Good luck!

Richard


Attached Files
File Type: zip Packs.zip (39.7 KB, 102 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2011   #6
shaun6521

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote:
Hello again!

WARNING! This fix was created specifically for this user! If you are not this user, do not follow these instructions!
@shaun6521: Ignore the above

Download the attached .zip file. Inside it, will be two folders, Packages and Manifests.

Create these folders if they do not already exist: C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages\ and C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\winsxs\Manifests

Extract Packs.zip onto your Desktop. Please place the contents of my Desktop\Packages in C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages\ and my Desktop\Manifests in C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\winsxs\Manifests.

N.B. For you, there are no manifest files. Just ignore the manifest files section.

DO NOT place the .zip file in that folder, or the folders themselves. Make sure that a lot of files are in each of those Checksur folder.

Re-run the System Update Readiness Tool, and get me another copy of C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log.

Also, please retest Windows Updates (with fingers slightly crossed, no matter how much we both know that that won't help! lol.)

Good luck!

Richard
Hi Richard,

Did as you instructed and I've finally managed to install SP1. Really BIG thank you to you! Kudos to you for doing such a great job! Attached is the CBS file!

Shaun
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2011   #7
niemiro

Vista Home Premium x86 SP2
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by shaun6521 View Post
Quote:
Hello again!

WARNING! This fix was created specifically for this user! If you are not this user, do not follow these instructions!
@shaun6521: Ignore the above

Download the attached .zip file. Inside it, will be two folders, Packages and Manifests.

Create these folders if they do not already exist: C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages\ and C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\winsxs\Manifests

Extract Packs.zip onto your Desktop. Please place the contents of my Desktop\Packages in C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages\ and my Desktop\Manifests in C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\winsxs\Manifests.

N.B. For you, there are no manifest files. Just ignore the manifest files section.

DO NOT place the .zip file in that folder, or the folders themselves. Make sure that a lot of files are in each of those Checksur folder.

Re-run the System Update Readiness Tool, and get me another copy of C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log.

Also, please retest Windows Updates (with fingers slightly crossed, no matter how much we both know that that won't help! lol.)

Good luck!

Richard
Hi Richard,

Did as you instructed and I've finally managed to install SP1. Really BIG thank you to you! Kudos to you for doing such a great job! Attached is the CBS file!

Shaun
No problem, Shaun! Your logs look clean. It has been an absolute pleasure to work with you! Thank you for your lovely comments It is that which keeps us motivated! Feel free to return to this forum whenever you have any questions or problems!

Richard
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2011   #8
coteduns

windows 7 home premium 64 bits
 
 

Hi, have the same problem and I was wondering if you could help me :/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2011   #9
gr0mmit

Windows 7 Home Premium 64
 
 

I've run into this as well and am up against a wall trying to get past it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Win 7 SP1 Error 800B0100




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 Update error when installing SP1 error 800b0100
Hi there guys! I've noticed you have helped people before having the same issue I am. When trying to running windows updates (service pack 1) I am getting the 800B0100 error. I have tried all the "Microsoft" fixes (FixIt, SUR tool etc), but no luck. I have run the sfc /scannow and have the CBS...
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows 7 Update error when installing SP1 error 800b0100
Hello, new to this forum, my apologies if I've missed any of the conventions for posting. I have been dealing with a persistent error 800b0100 error when trying to update to service pack 1 for Windows 7 Professional. I've tried running Mircosoft FixIt in aggressive mode and have ran the SUR tool...
Windows Updates & Activation
SP1 Error 800B0100
Hi Guys i just Formatted my pc and all updates have been installed only for SP1 i've tried The windows standalone Installer nothing is working ???
Windows Updates & Activation
Error Installing Service Pack 1 Error 800B0100
Please help me I am new to this forum and have a problem in installing SP1 for windows 7, i get the error 8000100 , I have already tried the system readiness tool 2 times and all it does is install a hotfix , pls help!!! :cry::cry:
Windows Updates & Activation
800B0100 error
All of my security updates are failing with the 800B0100 error code and I just noticed that this has been occuring since 11/15 when my computer downloaded SP1 (successfully). Other downloads are working (eg, Hotfix for Windows KB947821 downloaded successfully on 12/5). It appears that only the...
Windows Updates & Activation
Win 7 SP1 error 800B0100
Hi, I seem to have the same errors installing the SP1 as other, as yet I have not been successful. I ran the system update readiness tool, it told me KB947821 was not installed. I downloaded the .iso and tried to install from CD. Not successful, it told me the error was trust_e_nosignature....
Windows Updates & Activation


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App