|28 Jul 2011||#1|
| || |
SP1 Update Finally installed! Heres How..
Ive been struggling for a few weeks now getting the SP1 update installed on my machine, but im now finally up and running and wanted to share what worked for in the hope it may help some others.
Ok so started off getting probably half a dozen different error codes when varying the install method, using a number of guides over the internet. The cbs file was looked at numerous times but yet I still couldnt nail the problem. So sod it i tried the Repair install, which took forever.... And you guessed it, SP1 STILL wouldnt install. I will list the reapir install link just incase somewhere deep in the glorious windows files it did infact help fix the problem in the long run but im not convinced.
1. Do a Repair Install, guide here. Repair Install
2. Download the STANDALONE SP1 file from Microsoft (windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe for 64-Bit) Save to desktop.
3. Goto Control Panel > Programs
4. Turn Windows Features On/Off
5. Remove tick from Internet Explorer 9/8, Click OK. May need restart here.
6. Head back to control panel, Programs and Features
7. Uninstall ANYTHING listed as Microsoft.NET Framework
8. Click Start, type msconfig in search bar.
9. Select the Boot menu and check Safe Mode, minimal is fine.
10. Click Apply, OK, then restart the PC.
11. Now in safe mode, uncheck the safe mode boot option in msconfig
12. Apply and OK again, BUT NO RESTART
13. Run the STANDALONE SP1 file you downloaded earlier let it do its stuff.
Now hopefully after a couple of restarts you should be back in normal windows with successful install of SP1, fingers crossed. Not quite finished though, in order to prevent any futher problems installing other updates, you MUST do the following BEFORE istalling any other updates!
1. Goto Control Panel > Programs
2. Turn Windows Features On/Off
3. Replace tick in Internet Explorer 9/8, Click OK. May need restart here.
You now should be good to go for any futher updates. A bit long winded i know but hopefully it may help other folks experiancing the same problems with the SP1 update.
Im not convinced the turning off/on of the internet explorer had any bearing but I read it somewhere and tried it, i think the killer was the Microsoft.NET Framework.
Sorry if this helps nobody and is totally useless.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: SP1 Update Finally installed! Heres How..|
|Windows Update reports installed Update as not present||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Finally installed SP1 this August. Security patches for May-July?||Windows Updates & Activation|
|I finally ran into a problem with Platform update KB2670838 and IE10||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Okidata Laser Printer finally installed||Drivers|
|Anyone finally figure out why Explorer crashes trying update and such?||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Windows 7 finally installed. Bad sectors?||Hardware & Devices|
|Not to sure what to do here, but heres the story||Hardware & Devices|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.