Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: I am utterly dissapointed with Microsoft...

28 Oct 2011   #11
gregrocker

 

If I'm translating correctly it means you have 3 more rearms of 30 day activation timeout, which you don't need to use if you have a Product Key to insert.

Retail Win7 can be reinstalled and reactivated as many times as you want. However Builder's OEM must remain on the same mobo which is why it gets such a price break.

You did buy Builder's OEM, correct? And it is activated on the current install? There should be no problem reactivating after clean reinstalling.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Oct 2011   #12
ArgentineBoy

W7 ULTIMATE 64b
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
If I'm translating correctly it means you have 3 more rearms of 30 day activation timeout, which you don't need to use if you have a Product Key to insert.

Retail Win7 can be reinstalled and reactivated as many times as you want. However Builder's OEM must remain on the same mobo which is why it gets such a price break.

You did buy Builder's OEM, correct? And it is activated on the current install? There should be no problem reactivating after clean reinstalling.

What? 30 days activation timeout? That's the reason behind the machine going THIS IS PIRATE after 1 month of use? I dont understand...why do I have to activate it again after having already activated it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2011   #13
gregrocker

 

Where exactly do you see this message which you posted? Can you please post a screenshot of it using the Snipping Tool in Start Menu?

What does it say at Computer>Properties when you scroll down to Activation status?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Oct 2011   #14
Kari

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ArgentineBoy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
If I'm translating correctly it means you have 3 more rearms of 30 day activation timeout, which you don't need to use if you have a Product Key to insert.

Retail Win7 can be reinstalled and reactivated as many times as you want. However Builder's OEM must remain on the same mobo which is why it gets such a price break.

You did buy Builder's OEM, correct? And it is activated on the current install? There should be no problem reactivating after clean reinstalling.

What? 30 days activation timeout? That's the reason behind the machine going THIS IS PIRATE after 1 month of use? I dont understand...why do I have to activate it again after having already activated it?
You have 30 days time to activate Windows after installing it. If not activated during this 30 day period, the installation is considered non-genuine.

However, using Software Licence Manager (slmgr) with Rearm switch you can extend this "grace" period with another 30 days. Rearming can be made 3 times so you can use your Windows without activation a total of 120 days, if the rearm is always done on the last of the current 30 days.

To rearm, open Command Prompt as administrator and type slmgr /rearm and hit Enter.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2011   #15
ArgentineBoy

W7 ULTIMATE 64b
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Where exactly do you see this message which you posted? Can you please post a screenshot of it using the Snipping Tool in Start Menu?

What does it say at Computer>Properties when you scroll down to Activation status?
Greg, have you read the first post? It happened to me before I had to reformat the machine. TWICE. There is a screenshot on the previous page that shows my current status.

This is the first cold boot on the day and things are still going WTF, ESET NOD32 wont start and it crashes. In a few hours after coming back im going to follow the steps you provided me.

What's worse, I cant install updates on cold boot. This machine is cursed
Quote:
You have 30 days time to activate Windows after installing it. If not activated during this 30 day period, the installation is considered non-genuine.

However, using Software Licence Manager (slmgr) with Rearm switch you can extend this "grace" period with another 30 days. Rearming can be made 3 times so you can use your Windows without activation a total of 120 days, if the rearm is always done on the last of the current 30 days.

To rearm, open Command Prompt as administrator and type slmgr /rearm and hit Enter.

Kari
That's not the point, the WINDOWS IS PIRATE messages appeared one month after activating windows at install. Its not that I havent activated it and the WINDOWS IS PIRATE things pop up.


Attached Images
I am utterly dissapointed with Microsoft...-captura.gif 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2011   #16
gregrocker

 

I asked you exactly where this message appears and a screenshot so we have the context:
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ArgentineBoy View Post
EDIT: Greg and all the others, I've just noticed THIS:
Recuento de rearmado de Windows restante: 3
With BIOS-level SLP method cracks, the HD needs to be wiped to get fully rid of the crack and it's effects: SSD - HDD Optimize for Windows Reinstallation .

I'd also reinstall to the WD HD with only it plugged in, and run the WD Data Lifeguard diagnostics/repair extended CD scan and Disk Check to know the HD is good before wiping. The WD Lifeguard CD will also wipe the HD for you: HD Diagnostic.

Then follow the Clean Reinstall steps I posted earlier and activate it with the legit Product Key you've now bought.

Once you do this we will know you have a baseline perfect reinstall on a cleaned HD and can help you troubleshoot any residual issues although there should be none.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2011   #17
ArgentineBoy

W7 ULTIMATE 64b
 
 

Ok, I have to type this really really fast, then shutdown machine, you'll soon know why.

Managed to launch the DOS application and run the "CLEAN ALL" command. Waited 2 hours, 500gb "cleaned".
Shut down machine, disconnected all cables and then took out all the things in order to clean the system.
Those "things" included:
-The CPU FAN
-The HD5850
-Both RAM STICKS
-HD 500gb

Nothing else.

When I got everything back into its place, I closed the case and connected all the cables where they go. Next step: Power on machine. I go to BIOS and...

ZOGDHUOSDAHOUASOMFG! CPU TEMPERATURE 90?

NO WAY MAN!


Downloaded monitoring software from .net and (take a look at the uploaded image) !!!!


NOTE: WHEN I TOOK OUT THE CPU FAN I NOTICED THE THERMAL PASTE WAS UNEVENLY DISTRIBUTED AND REALLY REALLY DRY!

I'll follow this thread through my mother's blackberry. I'll get back to the machine as soon as I get a thermal paste.

Those temps are insane!

Wh...wait a second...take a look at the temps.....these temps are 3 minutes since I recorded those crazy 90c-89c.

PD:Back on original thread, I've managed to properly install Windows 7 and so far I haven't noticed any problem.

EDIT:Ok, took another screenshot of temps after 15 mins of the 2nd one, take a look at how they've been rising.


Attached Thumbnails
I am utterly dissapointed with Microsoft...-edqw.png   I am utterly dissapointed with Microsoft...-fsaf.png   I am utterly dissapointed with Microsoft...-bcbcv.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2011   #18
gregrocker

 

It's important to get the cleaning and repasting right so take all the time and preparation you need. Here's a video:

My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2011   #19
ArgentineBoy

W7 ULTIMATE 64b
 
 

Greg, It seems that the temperatures fluctuate from 49-7x C.

Of course, the obvious reason behind this is the lack of a proper thermal paste.

As soon as I get my hands on one of those tubes, I'll apply it to the CPU and see how it turns out.

By the way, so far, I've been installing updates and the W.Security Essentials and I havent noticed a single problem.

The turning point will be tomorrow morning. If the computer passes the cold boot without any freeze/BSOD/FUBAR, then it means I have successfully repaired it (with your help of course).

I love you guys, really, you're like an swiss army knife.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Oct 2011   #20
ArgentineBoy

W7 ULTIMATE 64b
 
 

Ok, I'll have to bump.

7:08 AM. Cold Boot. 5 minutes since I turned the machine on. So far, I havent noticed any problem...but I feel the BSOD/FREEZE/FUBAR is lurking around...And then....this (look at uploaded image).

Omg, is that right? I mean, never in my life, I have seen so many page errors in such a short time span. As I type this the page errors have gone to 0 and they're keeping it there. But a few seconds ago when I took the screenshot it looked like the Andes Cordillera, it was full of spikes.

It is worthy to notice that no program crashed on cold boot and all the chrome tabs, so far, arent going CRASH CRASH CRASH like before on cold boot.

EDIT: Wow, half an hour after cold boot and so far no problem...it seems I finally managed to get rid of BSODS and all that stuff.

But it's funny you know, everytime something gets fixed on this machine, a new problem comes up. First were the faulty ram, then was the faulty hard drive, then again another faulty ram, then came the drivers, then came a faulty windows installation and now comes high C CPU....


Attached Images
I am utterly dissapointed with Microsoft...-peror.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 I am utterly dissapointed with Microsoft...




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
MICROSOFT ISATAP x422 and MICROSOFT TEREDO TUNNELING ADAPTER
I have a problem regarding my MICROSOFT ISATAP x422 and MICROSOFT TEREDO TUNNELING ADAPTER. going to device manager there is a yellow mark on MICROSOFT ISATAP x422 and MICROSOFT TEREDO TUNNELING ADAPTER icon and i was wondering what was wrong. Please help me.
Hardware & Devices
A possible Microsoft-Skype acquisition hurdle and other Microsoft news
A possible Microsoft-Skype acquisition hurdle and other Microsoft news of the week | ZDNet
News
Ray Ozzie, Microsoft Visionary, Resigns from Microsoft
Ray Ozzie, Microsoft Visionary, Resigns from Microsoft Position | ThirdAge]Details...
News
Computer Either Unresponsive or Crashing...Utterly Frustrated!
Hi Guys, I'm pretty computer literate but I'm having a big problem with my Dell Vostro 1720 running Windows 7. For no particularly obvious reason the computer's responsiveness seems to have slowed to a crawl. Often the system seems to draw to a halt entirely. I have carried out a system...
Performance & Maintenance
Utterly confused(games freezing)
I installed a fresh copy of windows 7 64 bit 2 months ago on my brand new custom built PC and have been experiencing freezing issues in games. The game will freeze for a few seconds the screen will flash and continue like normal or crash to desktop. Ill get a message in the taskbar tray "ati...
Graphic Cards
for the techies, this is actually funny were it not utterly true
if you are a techie, you will love this Sony Releases New Stupid Piece Of **** That Doesn't ****ing Work | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:32.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App