see previous post I already did
see third post in there's a m/$ rep asking for installer logs.
The issue symptoms that everyone is describing appears to be a Windows Installer Error.
Morever, the error 80070643 is a generic error message that can have many causes. To better understand the issue and cause, we would need details from a Windows Installer log file.
Though the steps are somewhat advanced, any help from the community would be appreciated. To provide us with details of the instlal error, you would need to do the following:
- Turn on Windows Instlal logging: Click on this link: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9723030
- Make an attempt to install the update again.
- Once you get the error 80070643, you will need to go look for the log file. The log file is located in the system temporary folder and the file name is random, but begins with the letters "Msi" and end with a .log extension. To locate the Temp folder location: Click Start, type (%temp%), then press Enter.
- Once the temporary folder is open, you need to locate a very recent file that begins with "msi".
- Open the file with notepad, and copy and paste its content as a reply.