Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: my window 7 is telling me it is not genuine

17 Apr 2012   #1
bhanujolly

windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 
my window 7 is telling me it is not genuine

hey please help me out.i had a genuine copy on my new dell machine which was pre installed but suddenly it started to show that "this copy of windows is not genuine" with black screen.i have posted the info of my OS as you were asking about.please fix it as soon as it could be.
thanx.




Attached Files
File Type: txt bhanu.txt (5.5 KB, 112 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Apr 2012   #2
NoelDP

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)
 
 

Your installation couldn't be much less genuine.

The Key is the infamous stolen Lenovo Key
The installation was enabled by a hacker's Loader tool
The SLIC table is from a Hewlett Packard machine
The machine itself is a Dell
Your installation of Office Enterprise is also non-genuine.

About the only thing that is right for Win7 is the BIOS date - and even that may not be the original.


You need to revert back to the original OS that came with your machine, using the manufacturer's Recovery media, or a Retail disk for the correct OS.

For what version and edition of Windows is the machine Licensed, according to teh COA sticker in teh battery compartment (or on the case)?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2012   #3
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Epic Fail.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Apr 2012   #4
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 SP1, Home Premium, 64-bit
 
 

I wonder what percentage of Windows 7 Ultimate installations are genuine, worldwide?

Half, maybe??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2012   #5
NoelDP

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)
 
 

Give the guy a break - many users of counterfeit installs have no idea that this is the case.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2012   #6
bhanujolly

windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
Your installation couldn't be much less genuine.

The Key is the infamous stolen Lenovo Key
The installation was enabled by a hacker's Loader tool
The SLIC table is from a Hewlett Packard machine
The machine itself is a Dell
Your installation of Office Enterprise is also non-genuine.

About the only thing that is right for Win7 is the BIOS date - and even that may not be the original.


You need to revert back to the original OS that came with your machine, using the manufacturer's Recovery media, or a Retail disk for the correct OS.

For what version and edition of Windows is the machine Licensed, according to teh COA sticker in teh battery compartment (or on the case)?
machine is licensed for windows 7 home basic OA india.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2012   #7
bhanujolly

windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bhanujolly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
Your installation couldn't be much less genuine.

The Key is the infamous stolen Lenovo Key
The installation was enabled by a hacker's Loader tool
The SLIC table is from a Hewlett Packard machine
The machine itself is a Dell
Your installation of Office Enterprise is also non-genuine.

About the only thing that is right for Win7 is the BIOS date - and even that may not be the original.


You need to revert back to the original OS that came with your machine, using the manufacturer's Recovery media, or a Retail disk for the correct OS.

For what version and edition of Windows is the machine Licensed, according to teh COA sticker in teh battery compartment (or on the case)?
machine is licensed for windows 7 home basic OA india.
and no original OS came with my machine...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Apr 2012   #8
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

bhanujolly,

Please read carefully and thoroughly. You will find links which will apply to your case:
Genuine Windows: frequently asked questions - Microsoft Windows
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Apr 2012   #9
NoelDP

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 x64 Home Premium (and x86 VirtualBox VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bhanujolly View Post
Quote:
machine is licensed for windows 7 home basic OA india.
and no original OS came with my machine...
If your machine is licensed for Win7 Home Basic then is was shipped from the factory with Win7 Home Basic installed.

What happened after that is anyone's guess.

You should acquire a set of Recovery disks from teh manufacturer, and reformat/reinstall using those.
There is a slight chance that the Recovery partition is is extant - check your manual to see how to use it. If it works, great - if not, then you've lost nothing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Apr 2012   #10
bhanujolly

windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoelDP View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bhanujolly View Post
Quote:
machine is licensed for windows 7 home basic OA india.
and no original OS came with my machine...
If your machine is licensed for Win7 Home Basic then is was shipped from the factory with Win7 Home Basic installed.

What happened after that is anyone's guess.

You should acquire a set of Recovery disks from teh manufacturer, and reformat/reinstall using those.
There is a slight chance that the Recovery partition is is extant - check your manual to see how to use it. If it works, great - if not, then you've lost nothing.
how to acquire a set of recovery disks.? and where should i request for that?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 my window 7 is telling me it is not genuine




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Another Window Genuine error 0x8004FE21
Hi, The dreaded Windows Genuine error started popping up on my PC over Christmas. Been ignoring it for a while as I found a few posts suggesting Windows Update KB 3004394 had broken things and MS would eventually fix it. Still popping up and I'm reasonably sure of my PC, purchased as...
Windows Updates & Activation
Window is not genuine
Hi guys, My netbook was with window7starter in Polish.I wanted in English and I gave in the shop and I dont know what they did they turned window7 starter to window7,now am back to my Country,and am not able to setup the desktop background,it shows black,when I choose one picture and...
Windows Updates & Activation
Window is not Genuine
plzzzzzzzzzzzzz Helppppppppppppppp !! Window is not Genuine Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0): ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data--> Validation Code: 50 Cached Online Validation Code: 0xc004c4a2
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows 7 telling me it is not genuine, however it is a legit copy.
I ran the diagnostics test from microsoft and have the results here. Apparently it is a race condition? Please help, heres the info: Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0): ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data--> Validation Code: 50 Cached Online Validation Code:...
Windows Updates & Activation
Window genuine question
Currently my PC got window genuine,if I formatted my PC without make any backup. Then the window genuine also will gone or it still keep in PC after formatted ? Before I create this topic,I know this is a dumb question,but I tried search google but I didn't found an answer for this...
Windows Updates & Activation

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:50.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App